Ctrl-f did not work once.

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Ctrl-f did not work once.

Post by *848 »

When using TC for my daily tasks I needed to start a FTP session. After entering crtl-f a message box appeared with a "." In this message also a remark to report this to the author. I chose to continue working and pressed ctrl-f again. The same thing happened. When I tried to exit TC I got a Debug message box with the message "Error: String with ID Nr 1801 not found, please contact author!"

After restarting TC the problem disappeared.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

a message box appeared with a "." In this message also a remark to report this to the author.
This means that total commander couldn't access its own program exe file, e.g. because the network was down. It couldn't even load the string of the error message, therefore the "."...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com

Post by *848 »

Thanks for the explanation.

I installed TC on a network share which is available after logging in on every desktop computer connected to the network. On my notebook this drive is also available. This share is cached on my notebook, to make sure the information is also available is the network is disconnected.

Even the network is not down the share disconnects for a short period every now and then. Because of this short period XP does not switch over to cached information. I think that was what happened while pressing ctrl-f a few times.