documentation...??

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

algorhythm

documentation...??

Post by *algorhythm »

I usually try to RTFM so I don't ask too many stupid questions. I've used Total Commander on my PPC, so I know my way around it a bit. But now I'm trying to use it on my WM 5 Smartphone (T-Mobile DASH/HTC Excalibur)...and I'm sorry, but i have to ask a really stupid question: Where's The Manual??? I've searched forum and site, can't find it.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

algorhythm wrote:Where's The Manual??? I've searched forum and site, can't find it.
Press Ctrl+H (using e.g. virtual keyboard) or Start -> Help. I don't know much about smartphones, but both both variants work fine on PPC. Also, it is possible to add a toolbar button with the command 40026 - it shows the help too.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
algorhythm

Post by *algorhythm »

Smartphones don't have a Ctrl key. And when the program's open the Start (soft)key becomes a Select key, so that's out too. (As to Virtual keyboard, that's a PPC app, not a smartphone app....and besides, it shouldn't be necessary to install VK just to navigate TC.)

I can see there are some navigation shortcuts, e.g. Left arrow for back, 9 for top menu bar, etc....surely there must be a list of commands documented SOMEwhere.....??
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

algorhythm
Sorry then, I can't check how smartphone version works... If you wish, you can extract the help file from the TC/CE package - it's in HTML format - and read it in any browser on PC.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Try the menu "File" then "MORE" then "1 Help".
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
algorhythm

THANK You!!!

Post by *algorhythm »

That's what I was looking for....just a basic overview of the GUI commands. :)