It it an improvement, new feature or new bug?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Zom-B

It it an improvement, new feature or new bug?

Post by *Zom-B »

When I press CTRL+B for branch view, move the selection to a file (and do something), and press Ctrl+B again to undo the branch view) the current dir has changed to the dir of the selected file! The last version I used was 6.53 which worked fine.

If this is a new 'feature' then it's very annoying. Is it possible to undo this? (ini?)

As I understand, there are more 'horrible' improvements, like V7's Microsoft Common Controls Progress Bar which can be disabled by the ini. I vote they should all be disabled by default, for example like the drive buttons which were introduced in an old version.
Last edited by Zom-B on 2006-11-20, 18:11 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

Welcome!
To go back to the parent folder, you can press CTRl+R or BACKSPACE when in branch view.

This feature was introduced to make both ways possible. To return to the branch root, or to open the Directory of the file with the cursor.
Zom-B

Post by *Zom-B »

CTRL+R works. Backspace doesn't work. It lands in the directory above the one in which I start. Thx anyway. :wink:
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

F2 or whatever you have defined for cm_RereadSource works as well.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: It it an improvement, new feature or new bug?

Post by *Sheepdog »

Zom-B wrote:.. the current dir has changed to the dir of the selected file! The last version I used was 6.53 which worked fine.
TC works since Version 6.50 this way and it's been introduced because of many user requests.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams