Useful 3rd party tools to complement TC

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

caliban

Post by *caliban »

A very powerfull Task Manager: DTaskManager. It can terminate any type of processes, bypassing all permissions; allows to suspend and reactivate a process (as in Linux)...

And take a look at the HDHacker on the same page. It saves/restores the MBR, and the BootSector.
CoMiKe

Post by *CoMiKe »

I've been thinking about clipboard managers.

Does anyone know if there's any clipboard manager where Ctrl+V works in a similar way to the Alt+Tab dialog?

I mean, so that Ctrl+V shows a dialog that remains visible while the Ctrl key is down, and every "V" keypress cycles down a list (or stack) of previously copied elements. And the element is pasted when the Ctrl key is released.

I've been searching, but I've found nothing. Would it be even possible?? As the Ctrl+V keystroke is possibly system-wide, isn't it?
MayorA

Post by *MayorA »

Hi

for this purpose i use clipboard recorder which you can download from http://www.lw-works.com/
CVSBrowser WFX Plugin Author
CoMiKe

Post by *CoMiKe »

Thanks, MayorA!

Anyway, I would like to see it implemented in a free clipboard manager like CLCL...
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

2CoMiKe
Hmm, nice idea. Surely implementing this in AHK should be possible. Either the easy way, to drive CLCL, or a completely standalone version like this:
http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4836
:-)
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

If you find Jap that can traslate CLCL documentation (in the source code) I will write it, along with bunch of other plugins....
Habemus majkam!
CoMiKe

Post by *CoMiKe »

2SanskritFritz
Thanks for the link! It's very interesting, although I'm not an AHK user, but I will take a look, anyway.

In fact, it would be useful for me at work, as I don't have the same copy-paste needs at home. But I'm not allowed to install applications at work. :(

2majkinetor !
Thanks for your interest, but I don't know any Japanese people ;)

Anyway, there's a link to the author (Nakashima Tomoaki) mailbox in the bottom of the CLCL english page.
Perhaps we may contact him...
TucknDar

Post by *TucknDar »

CoMiKe wrote:Does anyone know if there's any clipboard manager where Ctrl+V works in a similar way to the Alt+Tab dialog?
My clipboard manager/monitor of choice ArsClip from JoeJoe's freeware utilities can cycle through a list of recent clips through configurable hotkeys. There's no list to cycle through, but the clips are displayed as tooltips.
license #76904
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

2CoMiKe
In fact, it would be useful for me at work, as I don't have the same copy-paste needs at home. But I'm not allowed to install applications at work.
So, why do you ask for a clipboard utility then? :shock: BTW, autohotkey doesnt need admin rights, it can be run from your profile simply.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
CoMiKe

Post by *CoMiKe »

2SanskritFritz
Because I'm stupid?? :D

No, seriously, apart from that, :) I asked for it because you never know when you're going to need it, and because I thought it was the best way to handle a clipboard manager.

And also, because I think it could be another great feature for DM2 (or DM3).

In fact, I've added it in the DM2 wishlist page on the TC Wiki.
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Because I'm stupid??

No, seriously, apart from that,
LOL, great, mon

I don't know if DM should handle clipboard, but OK, fell free to add to wish list anyway. Me and Weird will getter one of next days to discuss future of DM.

Speaking about your clipbard alt tab problem, I don't really understand why ALT tabing is so much different then CLCL ? The only difference is that you have to keep button pressed in ALT Tab mode, witch is, when RSI is in question, very bad.
Perhaps we may contact him...
Perhaps we already did so...
Habemus majkam!
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Wahoooooo !

Post by *nsp »

Never loose any TC Tip !
Ultimate new technology to backup your BRAIN... 100% certified...

:arrow: :arrow: Click Here ...

lol ! :lol:
robinsiebler

Post by *robinsiebler »

CoMiKe wrote:I've been thinking about clipboard managers.

Does anyone know if there's any clipboard manager where Ctrl+V works in a similar way to the Alt+Tab dialog?

I mean, so that Ctrl+V shows a dialog that remains visible while the Ctrl key is down, and every "V" keypress cycles down a list (or stack) of previously copied elements. And the element is pasted when the Ctrl key is released.

I've been searching, but I've found nothing. Would it be even possible?? As the Ctrl+V keystroke is possibly system-wide, isn't it?
I use Yankee Clipper X. It doesn't quite work that way though - pressing Ctrl+Alt+V pops up the clipboard list and you can use the arrow keys to navigate
Robin L. Siebler
Personal License #13949
------------------------------
"Bother", said Pooh, as he deleted Windows
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

CoMiKe wrote: Anyway, I would like to see it implemented in a free clipboard manager like CLCL...
I use ClipX a very small clipboard manager that do not exactly work like you describe.
It is free, it stand in the tray, with a Hotkey you can open the history, navigate, search ..... All for Free :wink:

If you want more and you have some c/C++ knowledge, a plugin interface if offered to you ;)
And now ! The link
rolandd

Post by *rolandd »

2All
Flashpaste is offered for free now. Only today.

Get it here:
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/flashpaste-professional/

Edit: Doesn't do bitmaps :( Sticking with CLCL :D
Registered user #92105