Files no-ext., sorting hitch…

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Clo

Files no-ext., sorting hitch…

Post by *Clo »

:) Hello !

• While testing in Branch View for another issue, I discovered that with SortUpper=3 (no tested with others yet), the files without extension are placed at the top, so long, so good…
- But there is a hitch : the files having no NAME and only extensions are ALSO sorted with them !
- They get the “No-extension” file-type icon here (I have one set), but not the colour (dark-orange for no-ext), indeed.
- You can see that oddness on THIS IMAGE :roll:

- Hence, on one hand we have a faulty sorting, on the other hand a bunch of files having exactly the same ID shown together (in Branch View) and badly located in the list…

:mrgreen:  KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *roentgen »

While testing in Branch View for another issue, I discovered that with SortUpper=3 (no tested with others yet), the files without extension are placed at the top, so long, so good…
Not confirmed here. The files are placed in the correct order (by name). Maybe you sorted by ext by mistake.
They get the “No-extension” file-type icon here (I have one set), but not the colour (dark-orange for no-ext), indeed.
By files with no name you mean something like '.ext', right? They get no icon here too, but they surely get the right color.
Having no icon is indeed quite annoying. But on the other hand - explorer does not allow creation of such files (.ext) and maybe it's related somehow.
TC for Linux please!
Clo

They exist

Post by *Clo »

2roentgen

• I didn't sort the files by mistake, I sorted them by extension voluntarily ! Anyway, in that case the files must be sorted :
1. By extension
2. By name (faulty here)
- This kind of files .something come from some programmes (Unix and PHP style), and thus might be sorted properly,
this is not the point to create them or not…

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
m^2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *m^2 »

roentgen wrote:
They get the “No-extension” file-type icon here (I have one set), but not the colour (dark-orange for no-ext), indeed.
By files with no name you mean something like '.ext', right? They get no icon here too, but they surely get the right color.
Same here.
roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *roentgen »

2Clo
Hello!
I sorted them by extension voluntarily
Isn't this a delicate detail worth mentioning in the first post? :D
This kind of files .something come from some programmes (Unix and PHP style), and thus might be sorted properly,
this is not the point to create them or not…
I know that alright. My point was: if explorer can't create such files it wouldn't show the icons either. But I was wrong. Explorer actually shows the icons for such nameless files.

I confirm now: TC's sorting by extension is faulty when it comes to extension only files or files without extension.
From my point of view .ext is considered as the name by TC not as an extension.
This happens with any sort method, not only with SortUpper=3, as far as I could test.
TC for Linux please!
Clo

Alway ext.

Post by *Clo »

2roentgen

• Sorted by ext. is visible on the pic… But yes, I didn't mention this, I'm in the habit to sort mainly by extensions.

• Thank you for checking the other sorting flags.

- I wonder to hear what could be done to fix up this ?

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo