Lang strings not translated at once if not present in LNG

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Lang strings not translated at once if not present in LNG

Post by *Flint »

This is a small bug, but anyway...

1. Take for example French LNG file and remove the lines 6150..6153 from it (don't forget to backup the file!).
2. Open TC Configuration dialog when some non-English and non-French language is used (German for example).
3. Go to the Icons page (Symbole (Icons) in German): all the controls are in German.
4. Without closing the dialog, go to the Language page. Select French (Français), press Apply.
5. Again, without closing the dialog go to the Icons page (Icônes in French): all the controls are in French, except for the Icons in main menu group which remained in German (Symbole in Hauptmenü).

Expected: the Icons in main menu group should revert to the default English, as there are no lines in the LNG file.

After close/reopen the Configuration dialog those controls are English, as they should be (that's why I wrote, it is a small bug).

PS(OT): Clo, I hope you're not offenced with my barbaric experiments over your language file. ;) :lol:
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
Clo

;;;;;;;;;

Post by *Clo »

2Flint

:) Hello K. !

• No problem, but some semi-colons to comment the lines are sufficient… :P

:mrgreen: FR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Well, TC has to close and re-open a dialog to show it in English (because English is part of the dialog itself, and is overwritten by the translation). So when you choose an incomplete translation file, it will replace only those strings which are contained in the language file.

I don't have any plans to change that.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

ghisler(Author) wrote:I don't have any plans to change that.
OK. Should be moved to "Behaviour will not be changed" then.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64