cm_GoToRoot inside the separate tree

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

Lefteous wrote:Hm I guess you misunderstood that. It's not about the controls abilities it's about supporting TC commands there. That's nothing you can buy.
My point was that TC commands and future enhancements might be more easily supported in another tree code-base than the current one.

This debate is like the meetings I attended back in the old legacy COBOL days of the 80's when the COBOL development teams kept telling the users "sorry we can't do that because...".

Ok, I'll stop now. 8) I really didn't mean to hijack yet another thread.
Licensed, Mouse-Centric, moving (slowly) toward Touch-centric
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The tree itself is not the problem, the problem is that I have to write a special handler for each command which needs to somehow support the tree...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
szlori

Post by *szlori »

Lefteous wrote:2ghisler(Author)
Sorry, there are 1000s of commands, it would take ages to make them all work with the separate tree...
I well I guess you need to set priorities and users pointed you to some most wanted commands.
Very well put.
My view is that the tree doesn't need to implement all 1000 commands, but it could be very beneficial to support some usual commands on folders.
For me the most important ones would be delete and inline rename (Ctrl+F8 tree already supports these).
Drag-and-drop (copy/move) would also be nice...