[BUG] TC7 starts without any "wincmd.ini" use.

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

PeaceMaker

[BUG] TC7 starts without any "wincmd.ini" use.

Post by *PeaceMaker »

The bug is that TC sometimes start without any "wincmd.ini" use. The main app window looks default (size, bar, menu...) and the both panels are empty (not showing any files or folders). After the window is closed, next time TC starts normally. I saw that bug twice:

- first time was with Total Commander 7.0 public beta 1
- second time was with Total Commander 7.0 public beta 3

My configuration:

[face=tahoma]PROCESSOR:[/face] Intel Pentium 4 HT (2.8 Ghz)
[face=tahoma]MEMORY:[/face] 2 Gb (DDR 400 Mhz)
[face=tahoma]STORAGE:[/face] 80 Gb (ATA/100), 120 Gb (ATA/133), 250 Gb (SATA2/300)
[face=tahoma]OS:[/face] Microsoft Windows 2003 Standard with Service Pack 1

Both "wincmd.ini" and "wcx_ftp.ini" are in the main TC folder (installer option).
[face=tahoma]LICENSE NUMBER: #101897 Single user license (since: 6th February 2004)
CURRENT VERSION: Total Commander 9.00 beta 12 (released: 31st August 2016)
[/face]
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [BUG] TC7 starts without any "wincmd.ini" use.

Post by *karlchen »

PeaceMaker wrote:The bug is that TC sometimes start without any "wincmd.ini" use.
No, it never does. T.C. always uses a wincmd.ini file.

Please go to Help => About Totalcommander and check at the bottom of the dialogue box the complete name of the wincmd.ini and wcx_ftp.ini files that T.C. uses when you think it does not use any at all.

I bet you have got at minimum two different links which launch T.C., and one of them may hold (incorrect) command line parameters for:

Code: Select all

/I=<name of wincmd.ini> /F=<name of wcx_ftp.in>
HTH,
Karl
PeaceMaker

Re: [BUG] TC7 starts without any "wincmd.ini" use.

Post by *PeaceMaker »

karlchen wrote:
PeaceMaker wrote:The bug is that TC sometimes start without any "wincmd.ini" use.
No, it never does. T.C. always uses a wincmd.ini file.

Please go to Help => About Totalcommander and check at the bottom of the dialogue box the complete name of the wincmd.ini and wcx_ftp.ini files that T.C. uses when you think it does not use any at all.

I bet you have got at minimum two different links which launch T.C., and one of them may hold (incorrect) command line parameters for:

Code: Select all

/I=<name of wincmd.ini> /F=<name of wcx_ftp.in>
HTH,
Karl
Nope. From the first TC install (new OS since 4. January, 2007) both are:

"C:\Program Files\totalcmd\wincmd.ini"
"C:\Program Files\totalcmd\wcx_ftp.ini"
[face=tahoma]LICENSE NUMBER: #101897 Single user license (since: 6th February 2004)
CURRENT VERSION: Total Commander 9.00 beta 12 (released: 31st August 2016)
[/face]
Clo

Two things to do…

Post by *Clo »

2PeaceMaker

:) Hello !

• Like Karl, I think that such a behaviour seems impossible !

- However, who knows ? So, I would advice you :

1. If not done yet, please add in the <wincmd.ini> set in the directory of the programme :

[Configuration]
UseIniInProgramDir=7
2. Perform a Search for <wincmd.ini> in your two hard-disks.

3. Watch what is stated in the Properties from a right-click on the TC icon on the Desktop (supposing you start it in that way)

• Moreover, let's know whether you use another way to start TC, i.e. some "Programmes laucher" or so…

- During the private tests of TC 7, some testers (I the first) got a “ghost” mini INI in Windows,
and it has been impossible to know why…
- But it was not used (this should have led into the same situation than yours currently).
- However, a "launcher" could check for an INI in Windows dir. first, and the issue could come from this…

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials