Auto Select-Scroll not working (?) in 7.0pb3

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghastly

Auto Select-Scroll not working (?) in 7.0pb3

Post by *ghastly »

In v6.55, if I tapped the space bar, it would select the dir/file under the selection. If I held the space bar down, it would scroll down, selecting all dirs/files until it reached the end of the dirlist/filelist (or until I released the space bar).

In v7.0pb3, if I tap the space bar it still selects the dir/file under the selection. However, if I hold the space bar down it does not scroll, it merely toggles the first dir/file from being selected or not selected. I can't recall doing anything special to get v6.55 to scroll this way, is it possible for v7.0pb3 to scroll the same way? I guess I can do shift+arrow keys however that's 2 keys instead of 1 key, which is a tad less convenient. Thanks for replies.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

wincmd.ini, [Configuration], SpaceMovesDown.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

And if you don't want space calculation of directories when selecting them - then just press (and hold) the Insert button - it always move down.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
ghastly

Post by *ghastly »

Flint wrote:wincmd.ini, [Configuration], SpaceMovesDown.
Thank you! That option was missing from my 7.0pb3 wincmd.ini but putting it back in there did the trick.

@petermad: Thanks for the info, for me it won't work because I customized my Insert key as hotkey for the mkdir command.

Thanks for your replies, sorted!