Problem when Quick view is running and TC is closed

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Sombra
Power Member
Power Member

Problem when Quick view is running and TC is closed

Post by *Sombra »

Case a:
(Without plugins) Press Quick view when the cursor is over a big directory.
While the space is calculated, TC can't be closed, until that is finished the operation.
Same situation with Branch view.

Suggestion: TC should abort the command and close itself automatically.

Case b:

With the plugin Visualdirsize installed in TC, and this setting unchecked in TC: "Allow only 1 copy of Total Commander at a time"

Press CTRL+Q over a big directory.
Now close TC before that the work for calculate the size is finished.
Start again TC
Tc is started, but as a second instance, look at the title: Total commander [2]...

For close the first instance is necessary press CTRL+ALT+DEL and push the button "Terminate process". Perhaps it is a problem of visualdirsize, hmmm...

Is possible change this behaviour in TC? or... is it a problem of Visualdirsize?

Case c:
Test the case B, but check the option "Allow only 1 copy of Total Commander at a time"

--
Tested with TC 7pb3.
(I know that if ESC is pressed the operation is aborted ;))
I can read English, but... I write like Tarzan. (sorry)
kajoj1

Post by *kajoj1 »

@Sombra
Case b: [...]
or... is it a problem of Visualdirsize?
Yes, it's problem with Visualdirsize. I couldn't solve it easy, so only solution for now is pressing ESC before closing. Currently I have completely no time for further developing his plugin. Sorry.

Although I’m planning small update especially for TC7 (using ListLoadNext function).
Sombra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sombra »

...I couldn't solve it easy...
OK, No problem ;). A bit more of info: This error happens when visualdirsize is calculating the space and the command cm_UnloadPlugins is executed at same time.

Code: Select all

DestroyWindow error:
Access violation at addres 01174891 in module 'visualdirsize.wlx'. Read of addess 00000000
Perhaps the command cm_UnloadPlugins should send the scape key to TC before that plugins be released from memory.
Although I’m planning small update especially for TC7 (using ListLoadNext function).
Thx in advance by de future release :)
I can read English, but... I write like Tarzan. (sorry)