another bug with inplace rename

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Dark One

another bug with inplace rename

Post by *Dark One »

good news (well, not really): i encountered a bug
bad news: i have failed in reproducing it so i'll just describe the situation

bug: at one point (after hours of normal use) i tried to rename a file (inplace), but neither Enter nor Esc key would close the edit box. clicking outside it closes the box, canceling the rename; after that, it was the same situation with any file i tried, until restarting commander (new instance worked fine).

the original file had no extension and was not locked (created two seconds before that by Shift+F5). new name was not taken. healthy fat32 partition, xppro+sp1, tc7b3; RenameSelOnlyName is on; not inside archive; only us characters used; nothing checked on options->refresh page...

that was the best i could do. my only guess is that it could have something to do with tc's new focus taking/releasing policy (which i do not like at all).
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This can happen when you open a file with ENTER while the associated program is already running. Then DDE (dynamic data exchange) is used to pass the file name to the program. There are a few programs which do not terminate the DDE connection correctly, so ShellExecuteEx hangs indefinitely in a loop. This causes TAB, ENTER in rename and other functions to fail...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com