[BUG] Can't access the Lister

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Tomyboy

[BUG] Can't access the Lister

Post by *Tomyboy »

First I don't know if it is a real bug or just some cosmetic behaviour.

Nevertheless here is what I found out after I downloaded a WCX Plugin which you have to install manually. Link

1. Enter the Zip-archive and open the Readme.txt by pressing F3. Lister opens the readme.

2. Now switch back to TC (Let the Lister open!) and copy the gifwcx.wcx in your TC Install folder.

3. Go to Configuration>Options>Plugins> Press "Configure Packer Plugins (.WCX)"

To cut a long story short

4. If you want to go on reading the readme.txt and try to switch from the Associate window by ALT-TAB or with the mouse by clicking on the Lister window it won't work. You can only use the mouse with the windows taskbar to access the lister again.

This only happens at the WCX configuration. WFX, WLX and WDX don't have such problems.

(TC pb3, Windows XP SP2)

Regards
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

Confirmed.

Nice one :-) "Configure Packer Plugins (.WCX)" blocks access to Lister window(s) by mouse/ALT-TAB.

Clicking at taskbar item will bring lister to front, but lets you still not move it.
#5767 Personal license
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately this problem has been discussed many times here: Lister os part of TC itself, so when you open a modal dialog in TC, all kinds of things will not work. The only solution is to use the standalone version of Lister, available on our addons page.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com