[BUG]: Queued copy and overwrite files

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

[BUG]: Queued copy and overwrite files

Post by *wanderer »

Setup:
TC7pb3
One local folder (A) containing approx 6,000 files.
One network (shared) folder (B) on another PC that is empty.

I copied the whole folder (A) (containing more than 6,000 files) to (B) using the queue (F2). At some point (after 4,000 files) i decided to stop the copy. After a while, i restarted the copy using F2 again. Of course TC asked if i wish to overwrite the already existing files and i said <skip all>. TC started passing all files quickly and after approx. 500 files being skipped, the Queue window stopped responding. The main TC window worked normally at the moment. After a minute nothing had changed so i killed TC. I tried the same thing without using F2 and it seemed to work fine after almost 4,000 files.

Can someone else please confirm it?

PS: Background copy seems to work fine too. It's the queue that has the problem with skipping.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Can you reproduce the problem?
Could it perhaps have been a temporary problem with the network connection?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

Hacker wrote:Can you reproduce the problem?
Could it perhaps have been a temporary problem with the network connection?
I thought so too, so i restarted the PC and tried it again. The same thing happened. I'll try it in a couple of other PCs too.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

Ok, the PC i tried it on this morning was an XP-SP2 and i was copying the files to a Win2K-SP4/2. This one had the problem.

I tried it now from a Win2K-SP4/2 to a Win2K-SP4/2 and the problem didn't occur. I wonder though... Both PCs i copied from, had Kaspersky and ZoneAlarm on them. Also, both to PCs had Kaspersky only (no ZA). The second setup didn't have a problem though. :shock: Anyway, i'll try it again tomorrow in the XP one, with those two programs turned off.

One thing i noticed though. While in "skipping" mode, if you try to close the background window, you get a "no responding" message from Windows. I wonder if this has something to do with the problem...
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hi, wanderer.

Just a note on Kaspersky plus ZoneAlarm:
It may be unrelated to your issue or it may be related. I do not dare make a judgement.
Yet, having lurked quite a bit in the Kaspersky user forums I have got the strange feeling that Kaspersky and ZoneAlarm may not co-operate too well. (Actually, there seem to be hints in other forums that ZA and quite a few programmes do not co-operate too well.)

Karl
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

karlchen wrote:I have got the strange feeling that Kaspersky and ZoneAlarm may not co-operate too well
Thanks for the info. I've already started to replace my KAV5 + ZA setups with KIS6 (Internet Security). I know, ZA is supposed to be a slightly better firewall than KIS but i prefer to have a whole-in-one package than two different programs with all the problems they may have cooperation with each other.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯