"new" menu icons missing

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Norbert

"new" menu icons missing

Post by *Norbert »

The folder context menu -> "new" menu icons are missing.
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Re: "new" menu icons missing

Post by *karlchen »

Norbert wrote:The folder context menu -> "new" menu icons are missing.
In which situation do you expect to see the "New" item?

Checked this inside T.C. v6.56 and v7.0pb3:
  • Long-right click on foldername inside filepanel: no "New" item
  • Long-right click on filename inside filepanel: no "New" item
  • Simple right click on the current pathname in the edit field on top of the filepanel: "New" item near the end of the menu, right above "Properties"
Explorer:
If you are inside the filepanel and right click on an empty space the "New" item will be visible.
This does not work inside T.C.

Karl
Norbert

Post by *Norbert »

Your 3rd choice or right click on free space in panel.
I don't mean that the menu or the items are missing. Instead the icons left of the items are missing.
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Norbert wrote:Your 3rd choice or right click on free space in panel.
I don't mean that the menu or the items are missing. Instead the icons left of the items are missing.
Oh, I see.

Well, at least the little misunderstanding made me go through some long forgotten functions offered by T.C. :wink:

OK, checked the "New"-submenu and the items offered by T.C.: Same thing in v6.56 and v7.0pb3, no icons left of the "New"-items.

Hm, if I remember right Christian explained in some other thread that the Explorer "New"-documents items and the T.C. "New"-documents items do not really use the same internal Windows functions, but that he had to figure out what Explorer might do and re-invent the wheel for T.C.
(No warranty given, I remember correctly.)

Anyway, confirmed: no icons shown left of the offered "New"-items. Yet, same behaviour inside TC v6.56 and v7.0pb3.

Karl