About %S/%s parameters...

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Raymond

About %S/%s parameters...

Post by *Raymond »

07.02.07 Added: Button bar, start menu: New parameters %S and %s pass list of selected files (long names/short names) to the called program.

Glad to see this new feature.
But I have certain files or folders like "- abc" (begin with "-" and a space). This kind of files or folders can't be passed to the called program successfully.
As weird as they look like, lst2str.exe has no problem with them.
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

thx for implementing that!!!

Attention: if u have marked files in c:\temp and the Startpath-Param to D:\temp the files are search in d:\temp and NOT in c:\temp :!:
dunno if thats a bug???
Hoecker sie sind raus!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

But I have certain files or folders like "- abc" (begin with "-" and a space). This kind of files or folders can't be passed to the called program successfully.
This isn't actually a problem of Total Commander - many programs detect command line strings starting with a dash as a parameter, not as a file name.
if u have marked files in c:\temp and the Startpath-Param to D:\temp the files are search in d:\temp and NOT in c:\temp Exclamation dunno if thats a bug???
This is normal, %S passes only the file NAMES to the called program.

The solution for both problems is to use %P%S instead of just %S. Total Commander will then pass the complete path and file name to the called program. I assume that you did that with lst2str too, otherwise you would have encountered the same problems.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Raymond

Post by *Raymond »

%P%S does the trick. Thank you.
And yes, I used %L with lst2str before. :P