Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This should be fixed now, please test!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
good_alias

Sorry still no TortoiseSvn overlay icons

Post by *good_alias »

I'm running Vista RTM 32-bit, and even after upgrading to TC 7.0 beta3 I can't see any TortoiseSvn overlay icons. :(
But I do not experience the same phenomenon as Klug, I don't get the overlay icons in the standalone Lister32 open dialog either. but they do show in explorer of course. And I have turned on overlay icons in TC.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Have you turned off overlay icons in other programs in Tortoise itself?
good_alias

Woops, I didn't know about that setting

Post by *good_alias »

Well after turning of the Tortoise setting: "Show overlays only in explorer" and restarting TC it know works. :D
They must have added this setting? Or changed the default, I can't remember having to change it in XP, well well. Thank you.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, they added it, but it wasn't on by default here when I installed Tortoise. Maybe it was on by default in some older version. Nice to hear that it works now!
Klug

Post by *Klug »

ghisler(Author) wrote:I have tested it now on Vista Final from MSDN, and it does work. The fix will be in beta 3.
Thank you for the quick fix! We really appreciate your time and effort. Thanks. :)
grad

Post by *grad »

I can't get TC to work with TortoiseSVN in Vista. Not only the overlay icons don't show but also the context menu of TSVN doesn't appear. What's more, the properties window for a versioned folder/file accessed from within TC doesn't show TSVN tab. Everything works fine in Windows Explorer and TSVN is fully functional.

I've been using TSVN with TC for few months with no problems in WinXP thus I'm familiar with the configuration etc. However, I checked and followed instructions in this topic, those from TSVN FAQ on using TSVN with TC (tortoisesvn[dot]net/node/32) and known problems on Vista (tortoisesvn[dot]net/node/269). I also tried various combinations of TC and TSVN settings, inlcuding running TC as administrator and in compatilibility mode.

I'm running Vista 64-bit build 6000, TC 7.0 public beta 4 and TortoiseSVN 1.4.3 build 8645 64-bit dated on 2007-02-04.

I hope I didn't miss this issue being discussed elswhere on this forum but I searched for it and found only this topic to be relevant.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2grad
I'm running Vista 64-bit build 6000, TC 7.0 public beta 4 and TortoiseSVN 1.4.3 build 8645 64-bit dated on 2007-02-04.
That's the reason why it doesn't work. The Windows Explorer in 64 bit Windows is a 64 bit application. It cannot run the 32 bit version of TortoiseSVN. TC is a 32 bit application and cannot run the 64 version of TortoiseSVN.
grad

Post by *grad »

That's the reason why it doesn't work. The Windows Explorer in 64 bit Windows is a 64 bit application. It cannot run the 32 bit version of TortoiseSVN.
I haven't tested it with 32-bit TSVN client. I'm using 64-bit one.
TC is a 32 bit application and cannot run the 64 version of TortoiseSVN.
Is there any 64-bit version of TC? If not, is there any workaround to have TC and TSVN integrated in Vista 64-bit? Could 32-bit TSVN work with 32-bit TC in 64-bit Vista? Lots of bits here :)
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2grad
Is there any 64-bit version of TC?
No
Could 32-bit TSVN work with 32-bit TC in 64-bit Vista?
Yes
grad

Post by *grad »

I removed the 64-bit TSVN client and installed 32-bit one. Now, it works fine in TC!

However, as I expected, it doesn't work in Windows Explorer. So, till there is a 64-bit version of TC, one has to make a choice which version of TSVN to use. I choose the one working with TC. :)

Thanks for help.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for your feedback! In principle, it should be possible to install both context menu extensions, the one for 64-bit and the one for 32-bit.
Stefan0073

Post by *Stefan0073 »

grad wrote:I removed the 64-bit TSVN client and installed 32-bit one. Now, it works fine in TC!

However, as I expected, it doesn't work in Windows Explorer. So, till there is a 64-bit version of TC, one has to make a choice which version of TSVN to use. I choose the one working with TC. :)

Thanks for help.
You don't need to uninstall either version of TSVN: just install both the 32-bit and the 64-bit variant and you'll be just fine.
Peter Pelle

I can NOT install the TortoiseSVN 1.4.7 version on Vista 64

Post by *Peter Pelle »

:( Everytime I try to install the 32 bit version of Tortoise, the MSI installer gives an error Wrong Version !! :(

As I can read everywhere it should be possible to install both Versions.
Can you please tell me how ??

Thanks
Peter[/b]