This forum uses cookies. Click X button to hide this message. What is stored? 
Total Commander Forum Index Total Commander
Forum - Public Discussion and Support

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Queue copy created directory instead of the file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> Bug reports from previous betas (unresolved) Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparhawk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Queue copy created directory instead of the file Reply with quote

This was quite a strange bug, I experienced yesterday. It never happened before, so I don't know how it happened or how to reproduce it. I just wanted to mention it, in case others might also have seen this.

I copied some file over a network share using F5-F2 with the cursor on the file, to copy it via the queue. What happened in this particular instance was, that the file was not copied as a file. Instead a directory was created on the target path, with the name of the file that I actually wanted to copy, and all files from the path where the original files was located, were copied to that target.

I tried to reroduce it somehow but it didn't work so far. I also checked if I might have accidentely created that directory myself by pressing F7 before somhow, but when I use F7 to create a new directory, then the name of the file under the cursor would be used, but the extension is ommited, so it is also unlikely that it happened that way.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TC will create a directory if it cannot find the source (FindFirstFile returns "directory" or "error"). Maybe the file was moved or renamed before it could be copied.
sparhawk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, this was definitely not the case. After I selected the file again, it worked fine. Maybe it was locked for some reason. That could explain the behaviour according to what you say.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TC calls FindFirstFile to determine the file type, so this should work independent from whether it's locked or not...
sparhawk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well, then I don't know. As I said above, I experienced this only once in all the years that I'm using TC now, and I wanted to report it just in case others might also have seen this.

It's not really tragic. If it happens again, I can see if I find some tracks as to how this happened.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> Bug reports from previous betas (unresolved) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: