Mouse Gestures for TC

Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Would you like to see mouse gestures implemented for TC?

Yes, for sure at any cost.
15%
Only if there are no major size and speed implications.
21%
I personally find mouse gestures useless.
39%
I'm satisfied with an external tool.
8%
Don't care.
16%

Total votes: 130

pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Mouse Gestures for TC

Post by *pdavit »

Another thread on the issue here:
http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=7022
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
donector

Post by *donector »

if you note
people pro mouse gestures - in different positions - add to 42%
and against
42% as well.... that was some time ago

I've recently discovered strokeit, and being able to use this sort of features (that don't need you to look at the keyboard / or even look for a button at the screen!) is fantastic, much quicker than keyboard shortcuts

IMHO I really think gestures should be really be given a try... further, mouse gestures are so easy (no need to learn strange key combinations) and quick (no need to move your eyes away from what you're doing/looking at the screen) that it's a matter of time (and promotion) until poor skilled users / beginners start using them intensively (probably windows will adopt it). mouse gestures are more logical/understandable/graphic, visible, and friendly as well

when that time comes it'll be an imperative for tc to adopt it. tc is good as it is, but it's undeniable that it's been rather behind most usability innovations / improvements in last 10 years (maybe bc its focus on advanced expert features)... but as you see, this draws new users away from it

so far ... any mouse gesture plugin for tc?
wOxxOm

Post by *wOxxOm »

StrokeIt is definety The Masterpiece. 100kB, he? with unlimited possibilities. I use it for two years and NEVER click a close/minimize/showdesktop/newtab/back/forward and many other functions in quite every an application I have... just 'L' '/' '\' '|' '-' gestures, etc... of course unless I have my 'keybord-hand' handy :-)
duchamp

Post by *duchamp »

I prefer a user-friendly keyboard command more.
aiikii

Post by *aiikii »

I like firefox for its mouse gestures plugin. I hope TC could have a similar one.