Folder to multiple network destinations

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

total_man

Folder to multiple network destinations

Post by *total_man »

Hi

I know that subject has been mentioned a lot of times, but after reading through the topics, I have not found a solution to my task.

I use TC on a network with 100+ computers, and very often I have to copy a folder to numerous folders on various pc's on the network. Let me try to explain:

The destination folders are always the same on the network pc's i.e.
\\pc1\folder1
\\pc2\folder1
\\pc3\folder1
etc.
etc.

The ideal solution for me would be to have my source folder in one of the TC panes, select it, and the press a button (on the button bar) that would run a script to excecute the above copy action.

I know how to add a button to the bar, but I haven't figured out the script or command yet.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction?
A - W
bobputnam

Post by *bobputnam »

xcopy (Windows) and xxcopy are your friends. As long as the destination directories are consistent, a batch file would automate this nicely, but we'd have to know more about the source directory.
Bob P
3-User License 71012
total_man

Post by *total_man »

Hi Bob

Well, my mind also came across xcopy, but i can't figure out how to get xcopy to "select" the folder that I select i one of the TC panes.

My source file is often from an external harddrive, that i connect to the pc that I distribute from. This means that my source folder comes up, in TC, from a drive letter (i.e. "G") and then the folder name ([driveletter]:\[foldername]).

The source folder name and drive letter can vary.

If i'm not clear, let me know, and I will try to explain again.... 8)
A - W
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

TC 7.5 will support the copying to multiple destination directories in one operation (via the background transfer manager), you just need to be patient...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

Wow!!!!!!

...including FTP?
Licensed, Mouse-Centric, moving (slowly) toward Touch-centric
bobputnam

Post by *bobputnam »

Is there any way to pass TC's %P%S on to _part_ of an argument on the command line?
Bob P
3-User License 71012
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

ghisler(Author) wrote:TC 7.5 will support the copying to multiple destination directories in one operation (via the background transfer manager), you just need to be patient...
That's great news and close to my old wish of coping file(s) from source to destination, where destination can consist of multiple open tabs.
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
zhv

Post by *zhv »

pdavit wrote:
ghisler(Author) wrote:TC 7.5 will support the copying to multiple destination directories in one operation (via the background transfer manager), you just need to be patient...
That's great news and close to my old wish of coping file(s) from source to destination, where destination can consist of multiple open tabs.

as well as a dir list, I wish :)
total_man

Post by *total_man »

Hallo Ghisler

This is really good news - I will be patient....... :)
A - W
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

including FTP?
No, sorry - you need to use "add to list" for this and then manipulate the list file. This works with TC 7.04a already.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
eugensyl
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *eugensyl »

WOW! Great news!
If I well understand it will be possible to do more then one internal/external command like copy/move/delete from a file ?

2Total_man
Teracopy can do that and it's fully compatible with TC. I mean copy/move/delete files/dirs from a list file.

Example:
TeraCopy.exe copy *C:\Temp\filelist.cmd C:\My Documents /OverwriteAll /NoClose

So, make a cmd file:
TeraCopy.exe Copy *C:\Temp\filelist.txt \\pc1\folder1 /OverwriteAll /NoClose
TeraCopy.exe Copy *C:\Temp\filelist.txt \\pc2\folder1 /OverwriteAll /NoClose
TeraCopy.exe Copy *C:\Temp\filelist.txt \\pc3\folder1 /OverwriteAll /NoClose
TeraCopy.exe Copy *C:\Temp\filelist.txt \\pcX\etc /OverwriteAll /NoClose

Of course somebody can do that more simple... I like to know if is possible.

But, not more than 33 days (approximately) can be between today and TC 7.5 beta. If early 2009 it's mean very early, as Mr. Ghisler sad...

Patience please!

2Lefteous
Please add this to locked topic New features in Total Commander 7.5 confirmed by the author.
My Best Wishes,

Eugen