A suggestion on breadcrumb bar's dropdown list

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

bluaze

A suggestion on breadcrumb bar's dropdown list

Post by *bluaze »

I think it would provide us a more convenient and direct way to access drives like c, d, e if the dropdown list( sorry, I don't know the exact terminology) of the beginning of the breadcrumb bar(the ▲) could contain c, d, e etc, just like the dropdown list of windows explorer's adress bar.
Drives are more frequently accessed than desktop, my computer. Containing drives in the first dropdown list brings us less mouse moving or keyboard hit. I know there are drive bottons, drive combobox and keyboard shortcut, but the goal of breadcrumb bar is to provide a new easy way to access folders, locations and so on, isn't it?
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

I thought there was an option for that but after searching in the help, i couldn't find it. Anyway...

Support (as an option). In any case, it would also be nice to have a way to see the current menu (desktop, my computer, etc) when this option is activated. Perhaps have an "Up" menu item...
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Here is a thread containing a suggestion on this without adding much more horizontal space:
http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=21900
bluaze

Post by *bluaze »

wanderer wrote:I thought there was an option for that but after searching in the help, i couldn't find it. Anyway...

Support (as an option). In any case, it would also be nice to have a way to see the current menu (desktop, my computer, etc) when this option is activated. Perhaps have an "Up" menu item...
Thanks for your reply!
Actully here is what I want:

Desktop
Network >
My Computer
__C: >
__D: >
__E: >
Recycle Bin >
All others the same

__ means blank and My Computer doesn't need “>”

You see I just want to add c, d, e etc to the dropdown list, not to replace it. You certainly will see the current menu. :)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The problem is that My Computer can contain far more than just the drives (e.g. the control panel)...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
bluaze

Post by *bluaze »

ghisler(Author) wrote:The problem is that My Computer can contain far more than just the drives (e.g. the control panel)...
Could it be possible to contain these items (control panel etc.), just like the first dropdown list's containing of directorys of desktop.