Unpack in background - again (but little bit different)

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Unpack in background - again (but little bit different)

Post by *fenix_productions »

Unpacking files in background has been discussed many times and everyone agree that it's troublesome when it comes to plugins. So now I have an idea how can it be improved.

TC 7.50 introduced few new command line parameters: for lister, synchronise dirs, etc. Each one of them starts separate TOTALCMD.EXE process which loads needed tool.

So the question is:

would it be possible to add another parameter which could load "Unpack files" window?

That way "TC freezing" problem could be partially solved and users could gain another excellent possibility for unpacking their files.

Going a little bit further: maybe it would even be possible to "Pack files" :)
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

m^2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *m^2 »

I think that wcx API update would be better, but I support any idea that enhances multitasking capabilities, so this one too.
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

m^2 wrote:I think that wcx API update would be better
I agree with that but we've been waiting for it for a long time so I thought that mentioned approach might be easier to implement.

We should also remember that most of the plugins are not updated regularly and this might be the only chance to have them used "in background".
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...