Quicksearch history

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

jakob

Quicksearch history

Post by *jakob »

Dear Christian, TCers,

maybe I have not done a thorough enough search through the forums, but I could not find this future nor a suggestion.

I would really _love_ to see a quicksearch through the history of visited directories. I mean Alt+Down and directory hotlist are great, but you still have to do a lot of arrow navigation in the history bar. My dir hotlist tends to stay pretty static (I am aware that you can use the beginning letters there to circumvent arrow keys or mouse navigation) so I would really love to see that for history as well.

Also it would be crucial to be able to use any part of the path, not the beginning or end of it only (well, I think this is obvious)

As examples for such functionality there is the live-saving Ctrl+R in the bash shell or quick launchers like nDroid etc.

Maybe Jaco Quick search plus (am not allowed to paste even crippled URL, this being my first post) could be a good starting point: replace the files&dirs in the current directory by the the recent dirs read in from the ini and quick search through these strings instead....

I wish I had time to do it... but who knows, long winter evenings are ahead of us.

What do you other users think of this?

Thanks and cheers
Jakob

P.S. I've been using [Windows|Total]Commander for years now (the license is in fact the first thing I ever purchased on the web, and I still have my precious copy of it on the original 3.5'' floppy) and I would not know how to handle my stuff without it. Thanks again Christian, and thanks for the brilliant non-expiring license-model!
HAL 9000

Post by *HAL 9000 »

When an app has history then search in history essential I think.