Right to Left textflow in Lister

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Shlomo

Right to Left textflow in Lister

Post by *Shlomo »

Hello,

First let me say that I've been a registered user of Total Commander Since 2002, and I really like what the application have become in the past few years of development, and I'm glad that the development never stops.

However, I do have a suggestion for something that has been bothering me for a lot of time: there's no option to set the textflow ("reading order") in Lister as "right to left". This is very frustrating for users of these languages (e.g. Hebrew, Arabic) when they have mixed text with Latin characters, since the whole reading order is changed, and it's sometimes almost impossible to comprehend how to read the text.

I know that in some programming languages, it's very easy to set this to "right to left" as "true", but I'm not sure if it's possible in the development environment that you're currently using.

Also, if possible, it would be nice to have an option to justify the text to the right instead of left, since that's the standard justification for right to left languages.

Thank you for the time that you're investing in the software development. It's really appreciated.

Shlomo.
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2Shlomo
TC 7.5 Help file wrote:When showing Unicode (UTF-16 or UTF-8) Text, or plain text with Arabic or Hebrew encoding, you can switch to right-aligned text with Ctrl+Right Shift. Switch back to left-aligned text with Ctrl+Left Shift.
So… when you're viewing text file go to Encoding menu, choose i.e. Arabic and Ctrl+RightShift :)
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

Shlomo

Post by *Shlomo »

fenix_productions wrote: So… when you're viewing text file go to Encoding menu, choose i.e. Arabic and Ctrl+RightShift :)
GREAT!!!
I had no idea that it's possible! Maybe it would've been nice to create a menu item for this operation, so that other users will be aware of it. But for me it's GREAT!.

Thank you!