Temporary file container

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pcitrus

Temporary file container

Post by *pcitrus »

Drawbacks of Temporary Panel 1.0:
1) You have to navigate to network neighborhood and then select temp panel. It'd be much better to offer a container that can be quickly accessed.
2) This plugin hasn't been updated for 6 years.

Wouldn't it benefit the majority of people to integrate such a function into TC, just like SpeedCommander?

(People who don't use it can leave it off.)
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2pcitrus
This is how filesystem plugins work: you need to go to network neighbourhood to activate and use them. Nothing can be done with it.

As for temporary panels / containers: such functionality had been discussed many times here in the past but not yet implemented, unfortunately. For more info, please, user Search :)
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

Postkutscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Postkutscher »

2pcitrus
If you want to have a quick access to your Temp Panel , you can define a user command em_xyz for cd \\\Temporary Panel and then make an alias or hotkey with it. The simplest way is the DragAndDrop of the plugin to the buttonbar. So you can have a button for it.
pcitrus

Post by *pcitrus »

Thank you both for replies.
I still wish that we don't have to rely on a plugin for a commonly used feature.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I can agree with users who wish to see temporary panel integrated into TC. Because existing plugins are not comfortable/quick/reliable/old/etc. For example, Temporary Panel 1.0 asks me for every file being deleted - remove it from panel only or from HDD too, and I can't setup it.
WhACKO

Post by *WhACKO »

Or for quicker access you can add the path to your directory hotlist.