Unpack flag

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

eugensyl
Power Member
Power Member

Unpack flag

Post by *eugensyl »

2 Mr. Ghisler

Please consider this presets able to be store in wincmd.ini:

(UnPackToSeparateDir = 0/1) Unpack each archive to a separate subdir

Also, I prefer to unpack in the same window often. For this reason I propose:
(UnPackToSameDir = 0/1) Unpack archive to same dir
or make a checkbox in unpack dialog box.

This can be useful when we want to unpack an archive in the same TC window. It is not dangerous because only who want will use it.

It was post during beta test but I try again.

If anyone support this, please do it.
My Best Wishes,

Eugen
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Unpack flag

Post by *MVV »

eugensyl wrote:Also, I prefer to unpack in the same window often. For this reason I propose:
Just press Del after pressing Alt+F9, and target path field becomes empty, so TC will extract files into current directory.
eugensyl
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Unpack flag

Post by *eugensyl »

MVV wrote:
eugensyl wrote:Also, I prefer to unpack in the same window often. For this reason I propose:
Just press Del after pressing Alt+F9, and target path field becomes empty, so TC will extract files into current directory.

Yes, of course I know!
But laziness is the author of 9 inventions from 10.

And I'm so lazy...
My Best Wishes,

Eugen
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Maybe it is a good thing to have an option to unpack in separate folders by default. But number of values may be extended (always on by default, always off by default, remember last choice).
But I do not support an option for unpacking to the same folder - it's superfluous. It is not so hard to press Del key before Enter to clear target dir field.
eugensyl
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *eugensyl »

MVV wrote:Maybe it is a good thing to have an option to unpack in separate folders by default. But number of values may be extended (always on by default, always off by default, remember last choice).
Thanks!
But I do not support an option for unpacking to the same folder - it's superfluous. It is not so hard to press Del key before Enter to clear target dir field.
I agree with you. But a check box is more intuitive about your choices, I think.

Remember last choice is obvious necessary and in fact like any others wincmd.ini keys.
My Best Wishes,

Eugen
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

eugensyl wrote:I agree with you. But a check box is more intuitive about your choices, I think.

Remember last choice is obvious necessary and in fact like any others wincmd.ini keys.
I think it would be better if you setup user-command calling external archiver (7-Zip for example) which will extract your archive into same folder) or into a subfolder) or anything else you want) BTW, such unpacking will be in background. And you'll may assign a hotkey, add a button to button bar, add an item in menu etc for this user-command.
eugensyl
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *eugensyl »

MVV wrote:
eugensyl wrote:I agree with you. But a check box is more intuitive about your choices, I think.

I think it would be better if you setup user-command calling external archiver (7-Zip for example) which will extract your archive into same folder) or into a subfolder) or anything else you want) BTW, such unpacking will be in background. And you'll may assign a hotkey, add a button to button bar, add an item in menu etc for this user-command.
I use for moment Universal Extractor and I don't have any problem.
I like his behavior, that's all. The versatility of TC gave me hope to use it without any other tool. More or less...
My Best Wishes,

Eugen