Sync Directories -> Apply similar to Search result

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Heppchen

Sync Directories -> Apply similar to Search result

Post by *Heppchen »

Maybe I missed the feature, but I would like to have an "Apply" button after comparing in sync directories dialog so that for instance all different files on the right side can be collected/displayed in the right pane.

Each possible file operation would be possible.

The current options of copying from left or right or deleting on left or right side are very useful, but sometimes I need a file list or direct file operations like compressing all different files into a zip for example.

Currently copying the file names into clipboard is also not possible.

I would like to copy all file names including paths into clipboard for further batch operations.

I assume it should be feasible as it's similar to the search feature (Alt+F7) and applying all matches into the one of the directory panes.

If I missed a feature, I will apologize.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

When you use Compare button, TC shows recommended actions depending on sync options. Then you should use Synchronize button for applying changes. But you want just to copy action list, if I understood you. So, I suggest you to select lines you need and to press Ctrl+C.

But maybe information copied by Ctrl+C should be organized some other way than currently. I mean it should contain only filenames w/o other info (full filenames w/o path), and lines with directory names should be skipped.
Heppchen

Post by *Heppchen »

MVV wrote:But you want just to copy action list, if I understood you. So, I suggest you to select lines you need and to press Ctrl+C.
Correct, I tried CTRL+C before but file size, date, sync direction etc. are copied into clipboard as well :(

Ok, fixed columns can be easily removed in txt file which contains ctrl+c clipboard. But there are no full paths included. Self-defined shortcuts for CopyFullFilePath_into_clp (I use Ctrl+Shift+C) do not work at all.

Btw, in search dialog multi selection of search results does not work.