Synchronize Tool : Rename File

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Synchronize Tool : Rename File

Post by *Balderstrom »

I've recently started backing up my harddrives - had a bad scare with windows running CHKDSK after a windows reinstall. I kept putting off installing my other Harddrive and doing backups.

While using the Syncronize Directories Tool, it has become apparent to me something I feel is missing functionality, namely, the ability to rename files/folders within the SyncTool. (Rename Right/Rename Left/Rename Both)

For example, while comparing two drives/folders, you can easily see where two files dont match due to there being a slight difference in their name only. To fix that mismatch you need to exit from the tool, remember what the path was, rename the file and recompare the directories...also due to there not being a way to Copy Selected Names to Clipboard.
StatusQuo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StatusQuo »

Support++
Balderstrom wrote:To fix that mismatch you need to exit from the tool, remember what the path was, rename the file and recompare the directories...
A little help on navigating: AutoHotkey: From FileSync open another TC instance with selected files
Discussed here
Who the hell is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?
-- TC starter menu: Fast yet descriptive command access!
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

Interesting workaround... wouldn't that cause your current Sync Compare to wind up out of Sync though?
*BLINK* TC9 Added WM_COPYDATA and WM_USER queries for scripting.
StatusQuo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StatusQuo »

Yes, after all corrections are done in the second TC instance, you would have to re-compare. Or alternatively remove the copy direction marker from the files/folders that were synchronized manually outside of TC SyncFiles.
Who the hell is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?
-- TC starter menu: Fast yet descriptive command access!