folder stops colored

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

gvulpetti

folder stops colored

Post by *gvulpetti »

I am used to employ tens of folder tabs - literally. Is there any way to color a tab so that one could distinguish folder-category jobs at a glance?

Thanks

Giovanni Vulpetti
Rome - Italy
three pussycats are better than one
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

There is a content plugin that allows tab coloring and more:
http://en.totalcmd.pl/download/wdx/Oth/TwinKey

I tested it for a short while and although it looks promising and has some really useful features (e.g. showing the file cursor in in the target(inactive) panel), it slows down TC a bit in some cases and also still is a little buggy (rare access violations, interface glitches).

But it is perhaps worth a try for you. Be sure to read the readme how to install and activate the plugin. If this thing will get more stable and fast in upcoming versions, I may start to use it permanently.

But anyway, I still would prefer a simple built-in Tab coloring mechanism in TC. Colored tabs really can help to recognize tabs easier when having a lot tof them, and this also would allow some kind of visual grouping of correlated tabs...
Just adding one option to a tabs context menu would be necessary: 'set tab color'.
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

@StickyNomad, I think a lot of people would like it. I don't see how a plugin that modifies TC's GUI will be able to be all that stable.

I thought the reason it (Colored Tabs) wasn't done (for so long) was the author said it wasn't possible with Delphi GUI elements, since TC doesn't use native Windows GUI controls - which limits standard things like dragging menu's around and easily resizing them - or skinning etc.
*BLINK* TC9 Added WM_COPYDATA and WM_USER queries for scripting.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

I think there's also a PowerPro script somewhere.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

@Hacker, wow lots of interesting stuff w/ PowerPro and TC. Everytime I took a look at PowerPro in the past the learning curve seemed too high and the interface awkward. WhenI got into using AHK, I stopped trying to play around with PP.
*BLINK* TC9 Added WM_COPYDATA and WM_USER queries for scripting.