Minor: Directory hot-list check mark / environment variables

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

j.x

Minor: Directory hot-list check mark / environment variables

Post by *j.x »

This bug is so minor it may be called an ameba... :wink: :

If the Change directory menu / Directory hot-list command is using an environment variable, the list will not show the check mark in front of that entry, when that directory is current, as it normally does.

Example

Code: Select all

cd c:\dev\%CurrentProject%\source
The problem is (i guess) that the environment variable isn't replaced/expanded when the comparison is done.

The same thing happens when using the environment variable in the Title of the entry - it is not expanded either, unfortunately. :(

I think it would be nice if environment variables where expanded in these two cases. :D

(Using TC7.50pb8, but same thing in pb6-7 too.)
Using Windows without Total Commander is like driving a car without a steering wheel!
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

Bug confirmed!

I can agree for optional title support here. I understand someone might find it handy but it is possible to edit it by a hand (and give whatever name you want to) currently so it is not must have IMHO.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, for speed reasons, the env vars aren't replaced while loading the directory hotlist. While the normal env vars are probably relatively fast, the %$ custom variables could be considerably slower to load. For now I will keep it as it is.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com