tooltip not showing MediaInfo data.

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

komarto

tooltip not showing MediaInfo data.

Post by *komarto »

Hi,

On older verion of TC when I installed MediaInfo gui and enabled the shell extension option, Every video file i hovered with mouse I could see the media info like FPS Codec etc...

Now its not working i am using TC 7.5 RC1.

Another thing that somehow stopped working is when you click and hold right click on a file and select properties, You cannot see the "HashTab" tab.

HashTab is an application that shows you CRC result as tab in the file properties.

With older versions of TC the right click and properties worked.

Now in order to see the "HashTab" tab i need to open explorer and click properties in order to see it... :roll:

If you need more info let me know.

I am usinf se7en x64

Komar
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

I guess you'd used the older version of TC on a 32bit operating system.

TC was and is a 32Bit application.
The explorer is a 64Bit application in win7 x64.

- Any installed ShellExtension (DataTip, PropertyPage, ContextMenu, IconServer) which is visible in 64Bit Explorer may not accessible in any 32Bit applications (e.g. File-Open dialogs or TC's file list)

- On the opposite any ShellExtension that is visible in TC may not accessible in 64Bit explorer.

Try to install the 32Bit version of the ShellExtension parallel to the 64Bit version.
Normally this should be the task of the ShellExtension provider/setup.

In TC 7.5 you can access context menus of 64bit ShellExtension via the sub menu "x64".

HTH
Holger