fixed tree view

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

nk

fixed tree view

Post by *nk »

One more suggestion.

I like the new (?) extra-tree column (3/4) instead of 2. But its not really practicable. It would be nice to have an extra option with 3 columns but fixed tree to one window. For instance tree view on the left synced with directory listing on the left, directory view on the right.

Let me explain why. Lets say you want to copy some files from different paths into one target folder. The tree gives you a very comfortable access to subdirs. As long as you are in the source window! If you once changed into the right column (lets say to F3 one file content) the tree view will sync to the path of the active window. No longer easy access! Now you have to switch into the left window, to get the old tree view, then you can select an new subdir or anythng.

Is ist possible to fix the tree view to one given window. Its not necessary to have this feature for both windows (in my opinion).

PS:
The other way was, to un-sync the widths of the tree views in 4-column mode. So you could push together the right tree view column until its invisible. I guess, this change was requested more than once in the history of this forum ;)