TCM 7.5a "Delete" Function Inactive

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

meyert

TCM 7.5a "Delete" Function Inactive

Post by *meyert »

I have today downloaded TCM 7.5a. I started using TCM with Windows 3.x. F8 does not delete the indicated file, neither does clicking on F8. Rright clicking and selecting delete does not work either. Using the "MOVE" command, F6, does delete the file after copy. I am at a loss. Using Windows XP PRO-SP3 with 4GB Ram on a Dell P4, upgraded from 7.02a. Considerably more detail available if needed.

Thanks
DTM
Clo

Perfect here

Post by *Clo »

2meyert

:) Hello ! Welcome aboard !

• No problem here, the chosen file is deleted as it should with :
- The F8 key of the keyboard
- The Delete F8 button of the Fx… bar
- The DEL key of the keyboard.
• As usual, adding +Shift deletes definitely (not in the Recycle Bin)…

¤ XP-Pro SP1 - French.
• Note : That can't be a bug of the programme, we tested 7.5 for more than nine months with many versions,
this would have been detected very soon !
- Maybe the F8 key has been stolen by another application, or is locked¦remapped to something else by the Dell stuff ?

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

F8/Del normally deletes to recycle bin - it may have been damaged. Try whether Shift+F8 or Shift+Del works, that deletes directly just like after F6 move.

If that works, you can try to fix your recycle bin:
1. Show hidden/system files in Totalcmd
2. Delete all \recycled and \RECYCLER directories on all harddisks with Shift+Delete. Warning: This will erase the whole recycle bin!
3. Delete at least one file using Explorer
4. Do not touch the \recycled and \RECYCLER dirs in the future, and empty the recycle bin from time to time using the right click menu on the F8 button
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com