Network drive lags

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I have checked my code now, but TC never tries to go to a directory in which it wasn't before. Maybe you have a reference to N:\documents in directory hotlist (Ctrl+D) or on a button?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
pixelpoint

Post by *pixelpoint »

Maybe you have a reference to N:\documents in directory hotlist (Ctrl+D) or on a button?
No, the hotlist is empty. I've never used this feature before.

I hope, I can take a screenshot if I get the connection dialog next time. Very strange :cry:
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

According to my code checks, the list of current directories per drive is initially empty. When you switch to a drive for the first time, TC will always try to go to the root. If you go to any subdir, TC will remember that for that specific drive. Now when you go to some other drive and then back, TC will try to return to the directory where you were last.
pixelpoint

Post by *pixelpoint »

Ok, thank you for your efforts.
tazz

Re: Network drive lags

Post by *tazz »

tazz wrote:I have Win XP 32 with 15 mapped network drives, and I have many lags since I installed this RC1 version. Today I must return back to v7.04a because the lags was 10-15 seconds. When I go to network drive i must wait some little time to read the directories (2-3 seconds(this is normal)) and when TC shows directories i must again wait (10-15 seconds) for something...
I try to copy some files because I think that the problem is in the NAS, but the speed was normal (5MB/s).
It is something new in TC7.5, something like additional window refresh?
I am installed the last version TC 7.50a and it seems, that something was changed since RC1 version. For now I do not have any lags on my network drives.
Thank You very much.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

One user has reported by e-mail that he had lags when using the separate tree panel. Did you use that when you had the lags?
tazz

Post by *tazz »

No, I do not use the tree panel.
I just hit CTRL+D to change both TC windows to specified folders on network drives, and then browsing thru the folders with the quick search function. I had activated "Only file names" mode in both TC windows.
This week I want to make video with the lags, but this 7.50a version surprised me :)