QuickView "Window Class" & Tabs.

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

QuickView "Window Class" & Tabs.

Post by *Balderstrom »

I raised this question on the AutoHotKey forums a while back, but it got no responses at all. I have noticed some odd inconsistencies (and possibly bugs) with the reported Window Class of TC's QuickView.

Using AHK's WindowSpy tool:
1) Activate TC's QuickView.
2) Put cursor on a non-graphical file, i.e. [..] or a [Folder], .zip or .txt, etc.
3) Hover the mouse on the QuickView panel, and note the ClassNN value:
When the mousePointer is within the top half of the panel
the class is noted as: TMyTabControl1 (Left Panel)
When the mousePointer is within the bottom half of the panel
the class is noted as: TLister1 (Left Panel)

I cannot reproduce this using something like WinSpector, but WinSpector doesn't seem to return real values in it's "QuickInfo" Class box. Since WinSpector indicates the class is TLister for the whole QuickView panel, and it should be TLister1. Similarly WinSpector will report the class of the File panels as TMyListBox and not indicate 1 or 2 where necessary.

===============================================

Likewise, WinSpector reports both of TC's Left|Right Tabs are TMyTabControl no matter where the mouse pointer is situated over any open Tabs.

Whereas, WindowSpy reports without any apparent consistent pattern, when moving the mouse over the Tabs:
(Left Tabs ) TMyPanel4 and TMyTabControl1
(RightTabs) TMyPanel7 and TMyTabControl2

I've also not seen this misbehaviour (of class reporting) of WindowSpy in any other applications before.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Balderstrom,
I encountered similar behavior with AHK (perhaps even absolutely the same behavior), but I do not see where this is a bug in TC.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

My query was - whether it is a TC Bug or an AHK related one. I don't know of any other programs that indicate which control a mouse is hovering over to test with.

The mentioned WinSpector can't be relied on as it doesn't ever even indicate which # follows a given control element's name.

I was leaning towards it being a TC bug as I can't reproduce errors with AHK's WindowSpy in any other program except for TC and only in those 2 particular TC Controls.
*BLINK* TC9 Added WM_COPYDATA and WM_USER queries for scripting.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Balderstrom,
There's an alternate Window Spy to be found on AHK forums (which I find provides no benefit compared to the included Window Spy, but AHK forumers keep saying it's better) which you might try to double-check, but as it's AHK I think you'll get the same results.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.