Re: Vista to 7...

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

marryjohnson

Post by *marryjohnson »

I just recently bought a new Notebook that came with Vista, but through the promotion, I have a Windows 7 upgrade coming in the mail. The hard drive came partitioned into 2 drives, a 149 GB and a 137 GB partition. My issue is that I'm concerned that some of my software won't work with 7 as it would with Vista, so my plan is to copy over my C drive in place of my D drive, keep Vista on that one, and upgrade my C drive with the Windows 7. Space isn't an issue since the drives internally are bare, I work out of a 500 GB external hard drive, makes gaming easier between my Notebook and my Desktop back home.

I'm not sure how or if I can copy over drives like that. My goal is to be able to boot out of either drive, so my question is is there to accomplish this easily and without having to spend a bunch on a partition copier?
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

marryjohnson wrote:My goal is to be able to boot out of either drive
You cannot achieve this goal by copying Vista files to D drive, you have to choose drive D to install Windows 7 on it.
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

2ts4242
Also the answer is good, i doubt that mary, john or his/her son (s...) are really interested in getting an answer here. :wink:

2moderators
Spam?

Regards
Holger
Clo

Dupes

Post by *Clo »

2HolgerK

:) Hello !
…Spam?
• Very probable, with regard to the links you show whose the start message is a unabridged copy of. Thanks !

[mod]Thread locked till further info (if any).
Clo, moderator.[/mod]
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials