New SFTP plugin available now

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Mishail

Post by *Mishail »

2ghisler(Author)
Sure it has to and it does.
But as I said before curl.exe works with 7.19.7 libs, but sftp plugin doesn't.
May be problem can be solved by rebuilding plugin with latest libssh/libcurl headers/libraries... Just a thought.

Thanks a lot anyway. I'm using 7.19.4 libraries and all works pretty fine for me.
silencer

Post by *silencer »

2ghisler(Author)

Maybe my question is already somewhere in this 32 pages of thread, but do you plan on implementing custom columns with owner, group and permissions (in rw-rw-rwx style)?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

That's a good idea, I will check how difficult it would be to add. It depends on whether OpenSSH returns these fields or not.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
sekular

Post by *sekular »

great plugin thanks!
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hi, Christian.

Here is someone to support sekular's request. :)

One drawback of your SFTP plugin which annoys me every once in a while is that <Alt><Enter> does nothing but return an error message. So currently there is no chance of checking the Unix file / folder properties (owner:group, Unix access mask for owner-group-rest_of_the_world) :(

Apart from this drawback, the SFTP plugin is pretty handy and fast and easy to use. :)

Kind regards,
Karl
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

<Alt><Enter> does nothing but return an error message
Works fine here, connecting to a Red Hat Linux server ...

I even can use "Change Attribute" on it !
#5767 Personal license
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

> Red Hat Linux
HP-UX. This may be the crucial difference. HP-UX is a bit different. :wink:

Let me add some details on what goes wrong:

Pressing <Alt><Enter> on a file will bring up the "Properties" dialogue box.
Yet, in the upper part titled "File Properties", the fields labelled "Name", "Owner", "Group", "Permissions", "Attributes", and "Modified" are empty.
In the lower half, "Reply of stat command" states: ksh: stat: not found.

The truth is that on HP-UX the executable file "stat" seems to be absent, whereas it does exist on Linux (/usr/bin/stat).

Selecting "File" => "Change Attributes" on the same file works fine.

Karl
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

2karlchen
How do you get the file properties on a command line on HP-UX then? If you can give me the name of the command, I can use that after stat fails...
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hello, Christian.

To be honest, so far I have not figured out how to reproduce the same output which "stat <filename>" creates on our only Linux machine on any of our HP-UX machines at all. :(

Have spent quite a lot of time trying to figure out whether there is a way of getting a version of "stat" that will run on HP-UX. Well, if I were willing to install the complete GNU coreutils package offered at the HP-UX porting centre including all dependent packages to our HP-UX machines, there would be a chance. Too much hassle for one single executable file, I think.

By the way, Solaris users should receive the same "ksh: stat: not found" error message whenever they press <Alt><Enter> on any file or folder inside the SFTP plugin. Solaris has got no "stat" command, either.

--
The commands which I use on HP-UX in order to check the file/folder properties is a command which would work on Linux as well. Yet, the output format may be a bit tricky. And you need two different commandlines, 1 for files and 1 for folders:
(1) ls -l filename
(2) ls -ld foldername
--
Here are a few examples which illustrate the output format. Please, note the changing timestamp format (typical Unix "ls" nonsense):

Code: Select all

$ ls -l rennmich.ksh
-rw-rw-r--   1 karlchen	users           81 Nov  9 17:28 rennmich.ksh

$ ls .profile
-rw-r--r--   1 oracle     dba           1687 Jan 28  2009 .profile

$ ls -ld java1.5
dr-xr-xr-x   8 bin        bin           8192 Nov 11  2008 java1.5

$ ls -ld java1.5
drwxrwxrwx   2 karlchen   users           96 Dec 14 22:37 java1.5
It might be possible to fill all 6 fields which the <Alt><Enter> dialogue box displays from the ls output lines: "Name", "Owner", "Group", "Permissions", "Attributes", and "Modified".
Yet, interpreting the "ls" output lines may be tricky: the timestamp format changes depending on the age of the object. The timestamp format also changes depending on the LANG setting of the client. The LANG setting here was "C".
Hm, but after all what you see above is what the T.C. ftp client gets as its raw listing as well and it interprets it just fine. :)

Kind regards,
Karl
ado

Post by *ado »

karlchen
I believe we discussed this when this was new plugin. We are using Solaris and I have exactly the same problem as you do.
If I remember correctly the conclusion was: it is difficult to implement, because "ls -l" is generating slightly different output from Unix-to-Unix.
On Solaris, there is possible help to that "changing timestamp format" - see below:

Code: Select all

# ls -l
drwxr-xr-x   5 webapp   webapp      1024 Dec 11 07:38 autodeploy
-rw-r--r--   1 webapp   webapp    238784 Jun  8  2009 autodeploy.zip
# ls -e
drwxr-xr-x   5 webapp   webapp      1024 Dec 11 07:38:11 2009 autodeploy
-rw-r--r--   1 webapp   webapp    238784 Jun  8 04:32:48 2009 autodeploy.zip
regards

ado
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

OK, I will make some tests with ls -l and other parameters.
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

<Home Made Solution for HP-UX>

A little bit of googling unearthed the stat.c source file developped by Steve Summit. The first version compiled on HP-UX does work, but some of the expected output is still missing. Cannot really tell how much time it will take to port this stat.c to HP-UX.
And no: I am definitely not going to install the GNU coreutils package including all dependent packages just to get the stat command. I am not really keen on being killed -9 by the Unix admins for doing so. :mrgreen:

<added>

The only things which have been changed inside stat.c so far are two #define statements which have been inserted right above the #include statements.
/* *************************************************** */
/* 17-Dec-2009: define unix and linux for HP-UX, seems to work */
/* *************************************************** */
#define unix 1
#define linux 1
Excuted the command make stat on
+ HP-UX 11.11/64bit (PA-Risc)
+ HP-UX 11.23/64bit (Itanium)
+ HP-UX 11.31/64bit (Itanium)
and the stat command works almost fine on all 3 platforms. :D

Almost fine: The default output format is different from Linux. So for the moment I have to use a wrapper script which launches stat and passes the required format string to it so that the output will look as on our Linux machine.
./stat -fmt " File: '%N'
Size: %s
Device: %D Inode: %i Links: %n
Access: (%p/%P) Uid: (%u/ %U) Gid: (%g/ %G)
Access: %A %a
Modify: %M %m
Create: %C %c" $*
Yet: Christian's SFTP plugin happily uses this stat command when <Alt><Enter> is pressed. :D

</added>

</Home Made Solution for HP-UX>
sieve

Post by *sieve »

This thread originally started with, "Because of the stopped development of the old SFTP plugin I have written a new one now".

Well, it looks like development has been restarted. At berlios "sftp4tc" project (link from plugins page), see this release:

SFTP4TC based on PuTTY 0.60 sftp4tc 1.3.60.8 November 25, 2009

It's listed as a "Production/Stable" release. Now which one should we use?
andres992

Post by *andres992 »

I guess it is now just a matter of choice?

There is also the DredSFTP plugin.

I like Mr. Ghisler's plugin best for my purposes. Its configuration dialog is the simplest and best for me. That is why I use sftpplug.

I also like DredSFTP, which is more complicated (WinSCP-based) but works well and can save passwords too.

SFTP4TC's new (Putty-based) configuration dialog takes too much thinking, and I could not find an easy way to save passwords there. (I have actually never liked Putty-style configuration dialogs.) I admit though that Putty is a really professional and invaluable tool and I use it in other contexts.
#68776 Personal Licence
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hi, sieve.

I tend to agree to andres992's statements:
I guess it is now just a matter of choice?
[...]
I like Mr. Ghisler's plugin best for my purposes. Its configuration dialog is the simplest and best for me. That is why I use sftpplug.
[..]
SFTP4TC's new (Putty-based) configuration dialog takes too much thinking, and I could not find an easy way to save passwords there. (I have actually never liked Putty-style configuration dialogs.) I admit though that Putty is a really professional and invaluable tool and I use it in other contexts.
As I have never checked out the DredSFTP plugin, I cannot give any valid statement on it.

Cheers,
Karl