Strange behavior when running files under cursor

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Robert Borkowski

Strange behavior when running files under cursor

Post by *Robert Borkowski »

I just found this fixed bug report after I wrote the report below. It should be fixed but apparently it is not. I have x64 redirection turned on.
---
At some point during TC session on Windows 7 x64 after pressing Enter key to run file associated with Windows Image Viewer TC displays a warning message (dialog with a yellow triangle) saying "Error executing program!" and Image Viewer doesn't start. Selecting default action from file popup menu does work and viewer runs without any error. This happens even after fresh system install. It is enough to restart TC to get it work correctly again!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I recommend that you don't use the x64redirect option on Windows Vista or 7, there is a better method now to reach that directory (via SysNative). The problem with x64redirect is that dlls loaded by TC cannot load other dlls at a later time from system32 because the directory is redirected.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com