Vista x64 vs "As Administrator"

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MB

Vista x64 vs "As Administrator"

Post by *MB »

Hi hard working developers,

I hope the greeting was good enought, to take your attention and point it to mising feature on Vista x64.

Are anybody of use able to use "As Administrator" feature duting copying, deleting on source on which you have no access under current login on Vista x64? It works for me under XP 32bit without problem, but x64 write "Please remove the write protection!".

am I doing something wrong? :idea:

Thank you.
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

Could you please provide some more details?

I just tried to copy a file to several protected paths and delete this file afterwards.

No problems (using TC7.50a, Windows 7 x64, Logged in as user with administrative right but UAC set to maximum security)
to copy and delete inside:
  • C:\ (system root path)
    C:\User
    %Windir%
    %Programfiles%
Regards
Holger

PS:there is only one developer: Christian Ghisler
MB

Post by *MB »

excuse me, I have forgot to give more details.

situation:
I am logged on as user "Thomas". Thomas doesnot have write access to \\server\share\folder\file.txt. Thomas want to copy from c:\filet.txt to \\server\share\folder\file.txt. When he is doing this copy task under Windows XP then TC ask him if he want to do it as Administrator. Thomas select copy as Administrator put username and password and file is copied. But when he do the same unde Vista x64 then TC doesnot ask if he want to copy it as administrator instaed TC write "Please remove the write protection!".

TC is 7.50a
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

Could it be that user "Thomas" on Vista is member of the administrator group (UAC turned on, so the account is not elevated by default) while user "Thomas" on XP is a standard user?

Regards
Holger
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, this will not work because user Administrator is probably not logged into the server.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com