WDX: ContentSetValue on read-only files

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

WDX: ContentSetValue on read-only files

Post by *tbeu »

Is it by design or a bug that the read-only flag of files is removed before [face=courier]ContentSetValue(W)[/face] of content plugins is called and reset after return? I consider this behaviour as kind of dangerous as TC or its content plugins must not change read-only files without asking.
Last edited by tbeu on 2010-03-27, 16:25 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I agree that TC shouldn't remove read-only attribute.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This behaviour is by design and will not be changed. It's done because setting plugin attributes and the time stamp fails with read only files.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

I would agree with the time stamp, however I disagree with plugin attributes changed by content plugins. Why does not TC ask if the read-only flag should be removed or kept unchanged? Why does not TC let it upt to the content plugin to decide what to do with read-only files. Most content plugins should deal with the case of read-only files.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more