Where is landscape mode?

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

SNoct

Where is landscape mode?

Post by *SNoct »

Just installed beta 3 on shiny new HTC HD2 with 4.3" wide VGA screen visible from the other side of the road.

I've spent an hour to find where the heck the landscape mode is ? Not only TC does not turn into landscape automatically on this phone when you turn the phone, i can not even find how to switch to it manually...What's wrong with this? Soon the phone resolutions will reach 720x1280 (at least iPhone4 rumored to be already close to that: 640x960) and TC will look great in landscape mode like it should

Or landscape mode does not exists in TC ???? I can not believe that. On the phones we have now even larger resolution then IBM PCs had 25 years ago where the first file manager Norton Commander debuted and took the world. The only reason why it happen by the way is that NC had two screens.

Christian, also by the way nice would be to add bkg/font color change ideally for each panel but at least for the whole TC, i just can't stand black&white look. As you can see the picture below, with the desktop version i use 3-4 TCs open simultaneously setted up to do different job. With the pocket one nice to have this option too. Coloring in this case is a must.
The mobile TC versions must look as great as they look on PC:

http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/266/totalcomm.png

And registry editor
Last edited by SNoct on 2010-04-06, 22:09 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The device itself needs to switch to Landscape mode, TC will follow. Normally you can switch it with a hardware key, but some devices seem to miss that functionality. There are 3rd party tools which can rotate the screen of such devices.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
SNoct

Post by *SNoct »

HD2 does not switch automatically which is totally surprising.
Can the owners confirm that or help with the best solution?
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

SNoct,
I have not tried myself, but you could give GSen or Gyrator 2 a try.
You might also want to check out *Leo Hints, Tips and Registry Tweaks* and Boost performance tips.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
gbusch

Re: Where is landscape mode

Post by *gbusch »

@SNoct: Have you tried adding screen rotation as a button on the button bar, using the internal commands below?

Rotate Portrait/Landscape right: 40046

Rotate Portrait/Landscape left: 40047

It works perfectly for me on a WM5 PDA. I don't know about other devices, however.

EDIT: Sorry, I should have added that this is in TC Pocket version 2.52 beta 3. I've also corrected your user name. I've no idea how I got the other one.