Should View Mode follow panel content when pressing Ctrl-U ?

Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Should View Mode etc. follow the panel when pressing Ctrl-U ?

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes: 30

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Should View Mode follow panel content when pressing Ctrl-U ?

Post by *petermad »

The viewing mode has newer followed the directory when swapping with Ctrl-U or Shift-Ctrl-U for any viewing mode (Brief, Full, Commnets, Quick view). In Tree view Ctrl-U is disabled.

That leads to two question:

1. Should the view mode always follow the directory when pressing Ctrl-U or Shift-Ctrl-U?

2. Why doesn't file selections and and cursor position (highlighted file) stick for the tab in front - or stick if no tabs are used, and Ctrl-U is pressed?

IMH pressing Ctrl-U should simply flip the two sides, leaving view mode, file selections and cursor position as they were, but on the opposite side.

Even Old Norton Commander kept file selections and cursor position, and flipped the view mode when pressing Ctrl-U - and I never unerstood why TC (WC) never did the same - as it seems the logical way to me. :!:

When flipping tabs with Shift-Ctrl-U all these things (view mode, file selections and cursor position) are kept for tabs in the background, so why not for tabs in the forground (including no tabs)?

What do you mean :?:
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
chrizoo

Post by *chrizoo »

completely agreed. Has this been considered or added to a wishlist yet?
Matthias030

Post by *Matthias030 »

IMH pressing Ctrl-U should simply flip the two sides, leaving view mode, file selections and cursor position as they were, but on the opposite side.
You're right. That's the way how Ctrl+U should be functioning.
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

I also agree that the view modes should be kept when Tabs are swapped. I've chosen a view mode for a certain directory on purpose and I would find it more logical if the view mode is kept for that directory.