Custom file comparison tool

Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Would you like more features in file comparison?

Yes, I miss them.
62%
No, I'm fine with the current version.
38%
I don't use the feature.
No votes

Total votes: 21

libor.nenadal

Custom file comparison tool

Post by *libor.nenadal »

Hi,
I wondered if it is possible to give the user option to compare files with their custom tools (KDiff for example). The bundled comparison tool is not bad but I miss there some features (changing just font color to red is not too visible, some background color change should be added also, then I miss left handed bar where you can see the whole file changes using color lines and finally bottom line with selected lines from both files one below the other so you can easier see changes for long lines).
This I would love to see implemented in default diff tool but adding option for custom diff should be much easier.

BR,
Libor Nenadál
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

F1,
4. Configuration and switches
b. INI-File settings: wincmd.ini, wcx_ftp.ini (for FTP)
CompareDifferenceBack=-1 (you may set RGB value for background of non-equal lines)

F1,
4. Configuration and switches
b. INI-File settings: wincmd.ini, wcx_ftp.ini (for FTP)
Comparetool=,
Files - Compare By Content (cm_CompareFilesByContent)
(you still can use internal compare tool using cm_IntCompareFilesByContent)

Commands - Synchronize Dirs... (cm_FileSync),
by content (check),
>>
Clo

Post by *Clo »

[mod]Polls are only allowed in the special forum section, thread moved to Total Commander Polls (English)
Clo, moderator[/mod]
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Would you like more features in file comparison?
Well, which user will answer that the existing internal solution could not be improved??? - Hm, so far an amazingly high percentage of participants in this poll has done exactly this. :?
Maybe they have done so, because it has been shown in a previous reply that at least the majority of suggested enhancements have already been implemented.
So this poll somehow suggests that it makes all the sense in the world to study the mighty fine manual carefully before requesting features that already exist. :wink:

Karl