Limited functional with x64DisableRedirection=1

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Limited functional with x64DisableRedirection=1

Post by *MVV »

Try to disable redirection (x64DisableRedirection=1) - drag-n-drop works, Alt+Enter opens properties, "." in command line opens current folder.

But now try to restart TC...
Drag-n-drop now doesn't work between TC and any other window including another TC instance, properties can't be opened, execution of "." command says that it can't be executed, some context menu items are absent at all.

Of course, tested on 64-bit OS, Windows 7 build 7600.

Why such behaviour have place? Is it because redirection disables some DLLs loading on TC start? Can it be improved e.g. by disabling redirection on later stage of TC load?

BTW people say that under 64-bit Windows XP all works fine even after TC restart.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, this cannot be prevented. The problem is that Windows itself tries to delay-load some dlls from system32 in these functions, which it cannot do because the directory has been redirected to the 64-bit version.

With the current TC versions, there is no need to use x64DisableRedirection=1 any more. There are better ways to access the system directories now (via SysNative).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I know it but people have such troubles and don't know why:) I think you should add more detailed description of bugs which may occur if x64DisableRedirection is enabled.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I could find workarounds for the context menu and drag&drop now, but only for the case where the user isn't in system32 - then there is a dilemma that the redirection cannot be on and off at the same time.

However, I couldn't reproduce your problem that "." doesn't work, it works fine here on Windows 7 x64. Or did you try that in system32?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I could find workarounds for the context menu and drag&drop now, but only for the case where the user isn't in system32 - then there is a dilemma that the redirection cannot be on and off at the same time.
Sounds nice. :)

When x64DisableRedirection enabled and I start TC, I get theese bugs. So, drag-n-drop doesn't working and "." in command line can't be executed nowhere - C:\, D:\ and other folders.
HerbieH

Post by *HerbieH »

'Synchronize Directories' and all FTP-Connections now work like a dream with TC 755a and x64Disableredirection=1. :-)

Greetings
HerbieH*
-Keep on makin' music!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great, thanks for your feedback!