TC 7.5b1 changes focus

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks for the older version of filebox extender! I have the 2.0 version installed mainly to reproduce the focus problem (which I get in some other programs too - I even get an access violation in Delphi because of filebox extender...).
What is the workaround, sir?
Wait for Total Commander 7.5 public beta 2...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

Looking forward to it, sir. ;)
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Boofo,
[OT] OMG, the same Boofo as in the old forum? What is this, 7.5 reunion? :D [/OT]

Roman
Last edited by Hacker on 2009-04-30, 17:27 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

Yes, sir, it is I. When does the party start? :wink:

And the focus fix worked!
Matthias030

Post by *Matthias030 »

Change Focus problem with WindowBlinds is gone in PB2. Great work. Thanks!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Nice to hear that it fixes the WindowBlinds problem too, thanks for your feedback!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
gregko

Post by *gregko »

ghisler(Author) wrote:I don't currently understand why filebox extender is able to steal the focus from TC. Maybe the author of filebox extender has an idea?
Hi,
I'm the author of FileBox eXtender (FbX). I downloaded The Total Commander 7.50PB3 software today and installed on my system - Vista Ultimate SP2, 64 bit release. Tested with FbX according to the YouTube movie someone posted, but I cannot reproduce the problem of stolen focus. Did you already fix it in PB3 somehow? Or does it only happen on 32 bit version of Windows? Only on XP? Or can someone send me the _exact_, step by step instructions on how to reproduce this?

I just repeated the test, still on this 64 bit Vista machine, but with 32-bit version of FbX instead of 64-bit. Still no problem. Also tested with both aero-glass and basic modes of Vista graphics, all worked fine.

For any FbX fans here, I stopped supporting FbX and removed it from my web site, but I'll restore it today in some form, still with a note that it's not supported, but will make both the binary and the source code downloads available. I made some fixes today in it to make the 64 bit version work better.

Greg
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

2gregko
Thank Greg! I was going to post that you would make the source available for anyone who wanted to carry this project on (via our email conversation), but you beat me to it.

And, yes, it was fixed in 7.50PB3.
chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

How do I un-overwrite all my data?

User of Total Commander
#60471 Single user license
gregko

Post by *gregko »

Great, Boofo, I'm glad to hear that the bug is gone. I would be interested to hear from Mr. Ghisler what exactly caused it, so that in the future I could avoid such problems in my coding and maybe even fix the thing in FbX too (it might cause similar problems with another software). For private communication, my email addresses can be found on Hyperionics "contacts" page, any address there will do. Thanks and good luck with Total Commander project to all of you!

Greg
Stevie1

Post by *Stevie1 »

I wish it was possible to display the left and right pane of total commander in favorites. Did anyone find a way to do so?