Screenshots

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Clo

Attention ! Bill'll spank!

Post by *Clo »

2nuclear0508

:) Hello !

• Hm… The M$ stuff has ©… There are more lawyers than programmers in that Company, it's well known ! :lol:

- So, I prefered to draw my own icons, most certainly not a wonder,
just a sampling to test the commands when they had been added.

- It's worth a special set of icons with Left¦Right focus indication, to use with the m^2's TCMC tool (tiny and good)…

• Finally, using that workaround is due to the limitation of the usual drives icons as 16², that's quite outdated nowadays,
and I admit that aged users (I'm one) have difficulties to spot such fly-craps, even with only a 1024×768 screen…
640×480 and 600×800 are no more used a lot…
- I would like that the Author allows e.g. 24² for these icons, then it could be easy to make an alternative DLL of bitmaps…

Note :  Convenient, light and gratis to draw icons, a nice TC complement… ;)

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
nuclear0508

Post by *nuclear0508 »

Even when the drive icon is better, I do not have option to show only those that I really need. Eg. I have 10 drive, with 4 virtual cd drvs, 4 backup drvs & I don't want to show them all. :?:
Clo

Superposed

Post by *Clo »

2nuclear0508

:) Again…

• I see… Some users having a lot of drives set the superposed panels layout, then the whole width is available.
- However, I confess that I'm not very in favour of such a layout (personally), it's a bit bewildering.
- Please, notice that I've nothing against your solution, like I said above I already drew icons for that…
- Larger symbols in the usual drives bars would be useful for shortsighted users having a few drives, though.

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
nuclear0508

Post by *nuclear0508 »

Thank you Clo!
I'm an old TC user, but a new member.

I love TC as much as you do (may be less) :wink:
The reason why I stick with M$ is native TC. If TC can run in *nix eg. Ubuntu, so it will be wonderful!!
crow.cz

Post by *crow.cz »

Clo

Option exists

Post by *Clo »

2nuclear0508

:) Hello !

• BTW :  The option you wish exists starting from TC 7.03,
<History.txt> wrote
02.04.08 Added: DriveBarHide= in wincmd.ini Allows to hide certain parts of the drive button bar: A-Z=drives, 0-9=ftp, \=Nethood, .=parent+root dir, -=description
:oops: I forgot to mention it because I have a few drives and didn't set it… It doesn't solve the issue of too small icons, though :|

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

Searching a screen-shot of TC I found this thread - more then 2 years old, any many links are dead now. It seems that in TC-Wiki are no screenshots - what's about adding some pictures there?

Have a nice week

Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Peter wrote:It seems that in TC-Wiki are no screenshots
:?: :?: :?:
Went to the TC Wiki and found this: Screenshots.
The first sentence in this TC Wiki article takes us back where - make an educated guess - right, it takes us back to this thread here. 8)

Oh, by the way, there is no way of uploading any screenshots to this forum directly. So, we might start adding more up-to-date T.C. screenshots to that TC WIKI article perhaps.

Karl
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

karlchen wrote:Went to the TC Wiki and found this: Screenshots.
Yes, you are right. My question developped in another way - I searched for "Lister / Quick View" and there I found no "Quick View - Screenshots". This is where my (unprecise) question come from.

But, nevertheless: The main target of the screenshots are to display the styling possibilities of TC, but not the features.

Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
tpr

Post by *tpr »

karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hello, Peter.
Peter wrote:I searched for "Lister / Quick View" and there I found no "Quick View - Screenshots". [...] But, nevertheless: The main target of the screenshots are to display the styling possibilities of TC, but not the features.
Sorry, seems as if I failed to monitor this thread for quite a while thus missing your answer. :oops:
You are right. There seem to be no Wiki screenshots meant to illustrate T.C. features. Yet, for quite a while now, Christian's homepage offers screenshots which very briefly illustrate Total Commander features: Image gallery of Total Commander with the most important functions.

Kind regards,
Karl
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

karlchen wrote:....Yet, for quite a while now, Christian's homepage offers screenshots which very briefly illustrate Total Commander features: Image gallery of Total Commander with the most important functions.

Kind regards,
Karl
Yes, you are right. Thanks. But the link is a very discrete one ;-)

Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
harrismail

Post by *harrismail »

I couldn't live without my colour scheme :-)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7692255/tc.jpg
jp_roth

Post by *jp_roth »

purple wrote:my most recent stands in my signature because newbies on forum cant post links.. (imagine that?) :P

btw, default TC artwork kinda sucks, guys, pay some atention on GUI too, no hard feelings :)
i use tc for 4 years by now and that is single greatest piece of software ever available for managing your computer but some facelifting wouldnt harm :)
Would you mind sharing the configurations to achieve your current setup? (sections in the ini file for the colors)

Toolbar icons too look great.

Thanks,
Jim
Phred

Post by *Phred »

Okay, team, how about some instructions on how to produce these themes?
Detailed instructions, please, or [Colors] sections cuttings, at least.

Utilities still extant?