Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

WFX: Ignored ignore list after FsPutFile

Post by *tbeu »

TC 7.57RC1 on WinXPSP3.

If a file is transfered from the normal file system to the remote file system of the WFX by FsPutFile and this command creates a new file on the normal file system which is to be ignored by the ignore list of TC it is dislayed in the panel of the normal file system though. After a refresh (F2) of this panel it is finally hidden.

To reproduce:
1. Install CVSBrowser WFX plugin.
2. Create a local CVS repository using the WFX.
3. Add *.*,v to your ignore list.
4. Copy = add a file (say bla.txt) from the normal file system to this CVS repository. A new file (bla.txt,v) is created and visible in the normal file system.
5. Press F2 to refresh the normal file system. The new file (bla.txt,v) is no longer visible.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I'm sorry but I don't have the time to check this CVSBrowser problem. It seems to be caused by auto-refresh settings on Configuration - Options - Refresh. I tried to simulate it by saving a file test.txt,v in an editor (not notepad, it will add an extra ".txt"). The file did NOT show up, it was filtered out as expected. So I have to move this to "will not be changed", sorry.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Yes, I am fine with your comment as I could only reproduce it with CVSBrowser plugin.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I think I know now what is happening: You can reproduce it like that:
1. Turn on the display of all extensions in Explorer
2. Save a file to the folder open in TC named test.txt,x
-> The file isn't hidden because it doesn't match the above name
3. Choose "Save as" in the editor
4. Do not actually save the file again, but instead inplace rename the already saved file from test.txt,x to test.txt,v

Result: TC does not hide the file although it now matches the entry in the ignore list. I did that so files don't suddenly disappear although they still exist, but it has a negative impact in this situation.

Apparently the CVSBrowser must be creating a temporary file first, which it then renames to *.*,v. Maybe you can find out the name of that temporary file, and add it to the ignore list too...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

I checked original sources of cvs.exe and could not find a hint for a temporary file provided that add_rcs_file of import.c (http://fossies.org/unix/misc/cvs-1.11.23.tar.gz:a/cvs-1.11.23/src/import.c, line 1021) is the correct file to investigate.