[TC8.0 b19] Delay to call combobox on left/right sides

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

TC_beta

[TC8.0 b19] Delay to call combobox on left/right sides

Post by *TC_beta »

After I accessed to network drives in TC 8.0 beta 19 (on left or right side) and continue with working with other tasks somewhere, then when I go back to TC, I press ALT-F1 or ALT-F2 to select other drive, combobox doesnt appear immediately, delays for few seconds (3-10sec) then combobox appears finally.

It happens only when I'm on network drives. if I'm on hard drives, it appears fine and no delays as before in older TC.

I think it happened since beta 18.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Cannot reproduce. The only new function which may be causing it is the check for USB drives, but that's only performed on local harddisks, not network drives - and it's cached until the next "device change" notification is received.

You can try to disable it in wincmd.ini [Configuration]
CheckUsbHdd=0
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
TC_beta

Post by *TC_beta »

Hi Ghisler

Thanks for reply, noticed in History.txt (beta 18) that the new function has been added, so that parameter CheckUsbHdd caused the delays. Added this param to ini and tested, it works fine now.

Thanks

Suggestion: As programmer viewpoint, would it not be nice to add new parameters to ini automatically when no parameter is found? If not found, then make them default. Just my opinion :)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is very strange, because this function is only called for those drives which are reported as local harddisks!

Can you please check the Alt+F1 list whether any drives are shown with the harddisk icon which are NOT local harddisks?

This is very important, I cannot afford to have such a slow function enabled by default. Strangely no one else seems to have this problem...
TC_beta

Post by *TC_beta »

I have no other drives except local hard drives and network drives (here in my office, thats why I found these delays since beta 18, been using TC for years).

In the weekend, at home I've some network drives (which I havent tested TC v8 at home) so I'll try to test and if I find that delays again, I'll capture everything on video if that will help you?
TC_beta

Post by *TC_beta »

I find nowhere to attach the clips to show you the icons on the drive bar and the icons on the ALT-F1 list. I'll mail you the clips.
TC_beta

Post by *TC_beta »

Mail sent to support ghisler com, I hope its ok (dont know your own mail addy, so I use the one from your website).

Let me know if you need something else.

Thanks

[mod]Changed mail because of spam bots.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
TC_beta

[TC8b21] Solved

Post by *TC_beta »

Hi Ghisler,

Just wanted to say that the beta 21 gives me no delay using ALT-F1/F2 (no parameter in INI file).

So thanks for solving this! :)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for your feedback!