Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

[8.0ß25] OPENBAR + minimized again opens submenu

Post by *Flint »

In 8.0β24 the following change was introduced:
20.03.12 Fixed: Button bar: Do not show triangle overlay for buttons with command "OPENBAR" when "minimized" is checked. Leave out "OPENBAR" to show .bar file as menu (32/64)
And, indeed, even if such OPENBAR button has the "Run minimized" checkbox turned on, clicking the button did not show the child bar as a menu but switched to the new bar.

However, in 8.0β25 this behaviour changed, and OPENBAR + "Run minimized" now again shows the child bar as submenu instead of opening it. I cannot see any entries in the history of β25 about this change, so I suppose it is just an accidental side effect.

PS: However, if I'm mistaken and the previous behavoiur was returned deliberately, then TC should recognize this pattern and display "Show as menu" checkbox instead of "Run minimized".
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Hmm, I wonder which solutuon is better. It's probably a side effect of the following fix:

06.04.12 Fixed: Button bar: ENTER on button containing OPENBAR command -> focus went back to file lists by mistake (32/64)
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

ghisler(Author)
Yes, I also think that this bugfux might cause this.

Concerning the choosing the best behaviour, I vote for support of "Show as menu" also when OPENBAR is used, that is that there should not be any difference whether user spedified OPENBAR command or not — result is the same, so settings should also be the same. IMHO, of course.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Since for OPENBAR the checkbox "As menu" is shown instead of "Minimized", the report is no longer relevant. The new behaviour is better, so this report can be closed as fixed.

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com