[8.0ß25] 'Edit linked button bar' is shown incorrectly

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

TC should do the same checks as when the command is executed. However that means IO-checks. It could be done when the command field loses focus, but is this also wanted behavior when right clicking a button?
Of course, TC should call same procedure for BAR detection for both right click and button edition.
My suggestion was to not have a fully consistent subbar checking, but to give the users the possibility to explicitly tell TC when something is a subbar for cases when auto-detection is off.
I doubt that manual specifying where command holds subbar is a good idea. It is quite easy to detect when it is so and it should be done automatically. And, extra pair of quotes is a better way to clarify button target than additional checkboxes.
Too late. Execution of the button command already depends on disk contents and people maybe are already using it. Changing this behavior would mean that some people's buttonbar may no longer work right after updating TC.
I don't think that many people really use such strange function. Anyway, it won't be hard for user to add some quotes, moreover, modified BAR file will be compatible with older versions.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Flint wrote:
white wrote:Too late. Execution of the button command already depends on disk contents and people maybe are already using it. Changing this behavior would mean that some people's buttonbar may no longer work right after updating TC.
What do you mean? I'm not talking about executing a button's command, I'm talking about detection of the button as opening a child BAR file or not, and therefore having or not having the appropriate commands in the context menu.
Okay, then I have said nothing. :wink:
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

All the reported scenarios from the initial post now work fine in 8.0rc1. So, fixed.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I confirm that problem is solved in RC1. :)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com