DiskDir Extended

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

TrePe

DiskDir Extended

Post by *TrePe »

Hello.
The same as DiskDir - creates a list file with all selected files and directories, including subdirs - but also lists contents of archive files:
ARJ, ACE, CAB, JAR, RAR, ZIP, TAR, TGZ (TAR.GZ), TBZ (TBZ2, TAR.BZ, TAR.BZ2) and ISO (NRG, IMG, BIN).
Also lists all the other archive files recognised by installed TC plugins.

You can choose which archive types to list and whether to try to determine unknown archive type using installed TC plugins.
Format is fully compatible with DiskDir, i.e. this plugin can display DiskDir files, as well as DiskDir can display this plugin's files.

Update - v1.68 (2013/09/18)
32bit: updated ISO library

Update - v1.67 (2012/03/23)
fix for TotalCommander 7.55 - in combination with some plugins could cause instability
updated used unpack libraries
64bit: dropped ISO support - you need separate 64bit ISO plugin
64bit: added Donate button

Update - v1.65 (2009/08/08)
added possibility to not list any archive
added possibility to choose (in DiskDirExtended.ini) on which extensions to try CanYouHandleThisFile for other installed plugins

Update - v1.60 (2009/02/22)
added possibility to list only directories
fixed case sensitivity of file extensions
fixed creation of directory by F7
fixed off by one error in reported file size for files > 4GB

Update - v1.55 (2007/01/10)
added possibility to list not all information (size, date, time)
added possibility to add leading zeros for date/time
fixed listing file names containing international characters obtained from plugins
fixed option ListEmptyArchives from ini file (yes meant no and vice versa ;))
fixed listing file sizes of iso files

Update - v1.52 (2007/01/03)
fixed crash with longer lines in ini file (wincmd.ini or DiskDirExtended.ini)

Update - v1.51 (2007/01/02)
update for new TC7 and above API for packer plugins, huge files (> 4GB) are also displayed correctly (only in TC7 and above)
fixed bug from version 1.5 eventually causing infinite loop

Update - v1.5 (2006/12/31)
added support for iso (nrg, bin, img)
added support for all other extensions recognised by TC plugins
it is possible to define (in DiskDirExtended.ini) which extensions belong to the same type of archive - e.g. zip=ear,war,ip
it is possible to choose (in DiskDirExtended.ini) whether to list archives that appear to be empty (resulting in empty directories) - default is no
fixed packing files from "Search result" panel

Update - v1.4 (2005/12/28)
added possibility to modify the list file
better handling of 'Cancel' button
huge files (> 4GB) are internally handled correctly, but the user sees their sizes incorrectly due to limitations of TotalCmd API for packer plugins

Update - v1.32 (2005/02/26)
the time of the directories is stored correctly

Update - v1.31 (2004/02/24)
fixed displaying file names containing international characters

Update - v1.3 (2004/02/19)
Pressing F3 (view) or F5 (copy) on a file inside list file now works if the original source is available - e.g. if you made list of CD and that CD is in the drive. Only works with files that are not inside some archive (no actual unpacking).

Update - v1.2 (2004/02/18)
added support for TAR, TGZ (TAR.GZ), TBZ (TBZ2, TAR.BZ, TAR.BZ2)

You can get it here: totalcmd.net
Sources: github.com

Hope it will come in handy
Peter Trebaticky
Last edited by TrePe on 2015-01-03, 21:49 UTC, edited 15 times in total.
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-11, 07:16 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
JJM

Post by *JJM »

He would be possible, for better one legibility to move the contents of archives and directories
EX:
Dir1
...SDir1
......Fic1
.........Contenu
......Fic2
.........Contenu
Dir2
TrePe

Post by *TrePe »

JJM wrote:He would be possible, for better one legibility to move the contents of archives and directories
EX:
Dir1
...SDir1
......Fic1
.........Contenu
......Fic2
.........Contenu
Dir2
Yes, it certainly is possible, but my main goal was to be compatible with original DiskDir (by Mr. Ghisler). The main advantage is that you can search these files within Total Commander without having the CD in drive (if you made a list of CD). That this file is also human readable is "just" a pleasantry. But you can for example import it to Excel to get nicer look...
TrePe

Post by *TrePe »

norfie wrote:- an archives is now a directory - this has effects in sorting
That is the only way to make it work. I'm glad that I at least found the way that TC shows this "directory's" size instead of "<DIR>"
norfie wrote:- if your are browsing in a diskdir archiv and want to view a file (press F3) diskdir - shows this file, if file is available e.g. because correct CD is in CD-drive
diskdir ext. - shows an error message
The problem is that I don't want to implement the actual extraction of some archive. But I can implement your mentioned functionality for files that are not packed. Thanx for suggestion.
norfie wrote:One wish: I'm looking for a command line program, which can create DiskDir-files. I want to create diskdir archives of network drives automatically (because slow network connection).
Send me an email and I'll see what I can do about it.
TrePe

Post by *TrePe »

norfie wrote: One wish: I'm looking for a command line program, which can create DiskDir-files.
I have created such a program for norfie. If anyone else is interested, here's link DiskDirExtCmd_1.33.zip

updated 05/12/30
Last edited by TrePe on 2005-12-29, 23:41 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
TrePe

Post by *TrePe »

I've added support for TAR, TGZ, TAR.GZ, TBZ, TBZ2, TAR.BZ, TAR.BZ2. See the first post of this topic for link.
TrePe

Post by *TrePe »

Update: Pressing F3 (view) or F5 (copy) on a file inside list file now works if the original source is available - e.g. if you made list of CD and that CD is in the drive. Only works with files that are not inside some archive (no actual unpacking).
See the first post in this topic for link.

I have no other plans with this plugin. Let me know if you have some suggestion about it.
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-11, 07:21 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
jantom

Post by *jantom »

Thank you for your plugin.

There is one thing however, the plugin miscalculates some folder sizes. In my case, according to DiskDirExtended:

[PARENT DIR] --- 1.2 MB
------ [Data2.cab] --- 72.3 MB
------ [Data1.cab] --- 6.4 MB

As a result, DiskDirExtended reports 395 MB on my CD rather than 551 MB actually used. It's not a big deal but perhaps worth mentioning.

Jan
TrePe

Post by *TrePe »

jantom wrote:There is one thing however, the plugin miscalculates some folder sizes.
The problem is that archives are now directories (folders), so if you calculate size of these directories, you get different size as is reality. You'll get smaller size if the archive is not valid or is damaged.
There is probably no workaround, because TC calculates size of directory according to sizes of files inside it.
jantom

Post by *jantom »

You'll get smaller size if the archive is not valid or is damaged.
But none of my archives is invalid nor damaged.
TrePe

Post by *TrePe »

jantom wrote:But none of my archives is invalid nor damaged.
Could you please send me file generated by this plugin, where this occurs? Thank you.
Btw. files with extension .cab are sometimes not MS cabinet files, so they are treated as invalid cab files, i.e. they are empty directories with displayed size of original cab file - but if you press SPACE on them, you'll see <DIR> instead.
van Dusen
Power Member
Power Member

Wrong dir dates in DiskDirExtended 1.31

Post by *van Dusen »

Further development of the DiskDirExtended plugin has been stopped apparently (latest version: 1.31, 23.02.04). Nevertheless: Does anybody know, what's going wrong with dates for directory entries, if packed with DiskDirExtended? How can I avoid this misbehaviour? Look here to see, what I mean (left panel: original folders; right panel: folder attributes as stored and shown by DiskDirExtended; compare "7zip"-, "Catalogmaker"-, FontView"-entries (and many more))

Thanks!

Regard, van Dusen
TrePe

Re: Wrong dir dates in DiskDirExtended 1.31

Post by *TrePe »

van Dusen wrote:Further development of the DiskDirExtended plugin has been stopped apparently (latest version: 1.31, 23.02.04). Nevertheless: Does anybody know, what's going wrong with dates for directory entries, if packed with DiskDirExtended?
Thank you for your bug report. I have fixed it. The new version should appear on ghisler.com soon. Or you can download it using the link in the first post of this topic.